Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year we are lugging things with hand trucks and wiring and climbing 15 foot ladders to put stuff in trees and sometimes you get banged or bumped but this year, yesterday, I was up on a ladder hanging a flat skellie and tying it with twine and my neighbors 12 yr old son came over to talk to me. I was kind of paying attention but talking and looking back at him. I tied the twine and knotted it and leaned into the tree to reach around and cut the twine and sliced my pointer finger knuckle. really deep. I didnt want him to freak so i just said "Opps I cut my finger and stuck it in my mouth as I walked away. Who knew a old scissor from the garage that I use for cardboard and string would cut that deep. Had to drive myself to the Dr in the next town with a towel around my hand ( I did stick it in a cup of peroxcide first) and ended up with 4 stitches, a tetnus shot and antibodics for a week. I was SOOO annoyed with myself cause I have so much to do and the thing hurts I have to keep it straight and covered when Im outside and the stitches dont come out til the weekend.. At least...I didnt fall off the ladder.. ~ Pat

:F

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,498 Posts
I drove a drill bit into my thumb while screwing pallets together. Hurt like hell and bled pretty good but it's healed up now. Hoping that's he worst that happens in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've got a blister on the back of my thumb from driving steel stakes with the sledge hammer for the last 2 days; still not sure how I managed to get a blister there. But the big one was done building my laser vortex. I needed to screw in a thin slat of plywood to hold the laser pen. As I drove the screw, I ducked in to put my shoulder into it. The slat spun around on the screw and caught me in the eye. I waited out the night rinsing and hoping, but had to run to the doctor in the morning. Scratched my cornea pretty good and had to wear a protective contact for a few days. The things we do for Halloween..........

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
I got burned by my glue gun pretty bad and hit my fingers pretty good with the hammer while pounding the rebar into the ground so far so good lol...

·
Registered
185 Posts
sofar mostly burn marks from the glue gun here also. did hurt my back last year while clearing the decorations after the party and couldn't go up or down for a good week. but knock on wood,,, this year is going pretty good! .lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was drilling into wood and got my hair sucked into the back of the drill. That smarts. What's really bad about that is it's the second time I've done it and there was the voice in my head telling me to pull my hair back, but did I listen??? NO!!!!! Had to buy a new drill which sucked. I'm sure I'll get hammer smacks when I put up the fence, that's a given.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Building my wall frames last year, in a hurry, pneumatic nailgun through my thumb. Luckily missed my nail and was just through the meaty part. Hurt less than you'd think because it was so fast. It was very Halloween pulling that nail back out all the way through my thumb.

·
Never try to eat a zombie
778 Posts
Lets see here:
Stepped on a nail
Cut my hand w/ an exacto knife
kick back on my circular saw hit me in the shin nice bruise
Got weatherproofing sealer in my eye
had a drill bit break and hit me in the face
drilled a screw into my knee thank you impact drill
smashed my thumb w/ a hand sledge on rebar
miscellaneous cuts and bruises I have no idea where they came from lolol!!!

I AM GOING TO START WEARING FULL BODY ARMOR AND CALL THE EMERGENCY ROOM TO LET THEM KNOW TO BE READY THAT I WILL BE BUILDING TODAY....:D

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
latest injury was me cutting a trash bag open with my prop inside and I sliced my middle finger right on the fleshy part in the middle. It was pretty deep but I was quick to get it cleaned up and just put a bandaid on it. Its basically healed over but I put pressure on it once this week opening a box and the edge pushed into the area and it hurt pretty bad.

I hate when I cut myself because the pain seems to last awhile.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just a little problem using my hot glue gun. For some reason I figured touching the super heated metal was the best way to determine if it was hot enough. Idiotic. Should heal completely any day now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts