Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my 5th having a Halloween party. Money will be a bit tight this year since baby # 2 is due in August. So far, out of all of my parties, our Harvest Bonfire was the biggest success. It was laid back and I kept with very traditional décor. Now, I hate to do the same thing twice but I am thinking about doing the same thing this year as well.

What are you thoughts? Do you think it's a big deal to do the same thing?

I received so many compliments on this party. I am just trying to figure out a way to differentiate from the other.

Maybe switch up the menu and drinks? Costume theme? Your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
6 Years ago, I lost all our elaborate decorations to a storm. Bereft of anything and no time to build more (I don't buy, I build), we went simple harvest theme, had the neighborhood over to carve pumpkins, and had dinner around a firepit (or 3 as it's grown, propane as wood is not allowed that time of year, usually here).

Been doing it ever since. There is something very primal and satisfying in celebrating the harvest in a traditional laid back sense that is often missing in today's world. Fire, Pumpkins, Darkness, and that which lies waiting beyond. That's the essence of the season, IMO. I say stick with it.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I say go for it!!!! This is our 5th year too and although we've done themes every year I do plan a harvest party at some point. I think there's no better way to enjoy the season than to curl up in front of a nice fire and enjoy everything. Something about the smells of pumpkin, leaves and bonfires...just screams Halloween. ..and I'm sure everyone will be glad that u revisited it :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I see no problem in repeat themes. You mentioned your friends all liked the idea, too, so I say go for it! Laid back is definitely a must with baby number 2...haha. I remember when my 2nd daughter was born and the chaos.

I really dig the bon fire idea though. I love sitting around a fire in the fall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts