Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Well, if you go back far enough I'm sure there is a little UK in his ancenstry someplace. lol I didn't like him until he got into more of the comedy. Didn't care for scissor hands at all. In the Pirates, oh yeah!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well, if you go back far enough I'm sure there is a little UK in his ancenstry someplace. lol I didn't like him until he got into more of the comedy. Didn't care for scissor hands at all. In the Pirates, oh yeah!
lol true. I've always wondered what someone actually from the UK thought about Depp's accent as Captain Jack Sparrow

·
Registered
132 Posts
That "story" was posted almost 200 days ago. If it was anything close to true, it would have been confirmed by now.
The man has about 5 or 6 movies on his plate.
This won't be one of them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Johnny Depp has a special place in my heart, Nightmare on Elm Street was the first horror movie I went to the theatre to see with my friends and I just loved it. Anyway do tell what you do not like about Harry Potter?

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Yeah, but he's pretty ding dang versatile.

I'm sorta for it.

I think he's got enough range that he'll do a good job.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love the Harry Potter movies its some of the only movies I go to see (with daughter) along with the POTC movies.

I love Johnny Depp but I don't think I'd like him in Harry Potter. I just think his "status" would take away from the movie. *shrugs*.

I was reading up on the movies about a month ago and learned that a young actor in the newest HP film was stabbed to death shortly after finishing his role.
(Rob Knox, who plays student Marcus Belby) Very sad. :(

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
harry potter

I love the Harry Potter movies its some of the only movies I go to see (with daughter) along with the POTC movies.

I love Johnny Depp but I don't think I'd like him in Harry Potter. I just think his "status" would take away from the movie. *shrugs*.

I was reading up on the movies about a month ago and learned that a young actor in the newest HP film was stabbed to death shortly after finishing his role.
(Rob Knox, who plays student Marcus Belby) Very sad. :(
if johnny depp was in harry potter, which i can't see, he would have to be a villan and portray a sinister willy wonka persona. as willy he scared the willies out of me. did johnny play in nightmare on elm street? what is potc? put out the cat? that is sad the young man got stabbed to death. did it say why?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I love johnny depp. But i would not want him in the harry potter movies. I mean i have read all of the books and i already have images of how the characters look like and so far they have done an amazing job getting actors that match the discription of them. I hate seeing well known actors in movies like that.... its like watching it and being like " i didn't know johnny depp was grendel???" you know ? It just doesn't work for me... He's trying to hard to be in to many movies at once.. he already has like 4 movies in the works! take a breath Johnny!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
if johnny depp was in harry potter, which i can't see, he would have to be a villan and portray a sinister willy wonka persona. as willy he scared the willies out of me. did johnny play in nightmare on elm street? what is potc? put out the cat? that is sad the young man got stabbed to death. did it say why?

sorry POTC = Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes Johnny was in Nightmare on Elm Street. He fell asleep. :( lol

It said the guy got stabbed over a cell phone? Something to do with his younger brother and another guy fighting in a pub and he was trying to protect his younger brother. The one that was stabbed was 18 I think and the younger brother was like 14/16. What age can you hang out in bars over there?

I didn't find Johnny that scary in Willy Wonka. I liked him in it but to me Gene Wilder was way scarier as Willy Wonka When something would go wrong the way Gene would hesitate and say "NO... Don't" but not try to stop anything bad from happening. That was freaky! Johnny did it as well but not as pronounced.

Also the Boat scene in the original Willy Wonka was freakier to me.

I did love the puppets in the remake when they are singing.:p

·
Registered
605 Posts
*sniff* *sniff* *sniff sniff* Smell that? Smells like a big steaming pile of bull poo to me. HP has had Bristish actors and should stay that way until the end. It adds to the charm and I really think the British actors are superior to American ones anyway. We have some good American actors to be sure, but there's just something special about the Brits. They're more polished. Sorry, JD just does not belong in a Potter movie. Plenty of other stuff that's more suited to his talents.

·
Registered
84 Posts
*sniff* *sniff* *sniff sniff* Smell that? Smells like a big steaming pile of bull poo to me. HP has had Bristish actors and should stay that way until the end. It adds to the charm and I really think the British actors are superior to American ones anyway. We have some good American actors to be sure, but there's just something special about the Brits. They're more polished. Sorry, JD just does not belong in a Potter movie. Plenty of other stuff that's more suited to his talents.
exactly. :)

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stanislav Ianevski (Bulgaria) played Victor Krum in goblet of fire

Predrag Bjelac (Belgrade - serbia)) played Igor Karkaroff in GoF

Clémence Poésy (France) played Fleur Delacour in Gof

- granted they were playing foreign characters - but shows that non british actors/actresses were in the film . . .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts