Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Ah yes. The carport frame.

It will actually get covered with a base layer of landscape fabric (the stuff that is black but you can see through). Then there will be a layer of white twinkle lights on top of that and another layer of fabric.

There will also be floating candles and jack o lanterns involved in the whole project.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My recommendations:

Because of the enormous size possibility, you should look into hitting up your local Tractor Supply Co. stores, for their giant styrofoam blocks they use for stacking trailers for delivery. I've got a dozen at a time. They're about 15" square by 18-20" long. As is, they'd make excellent large-block walls or the stones for the archway. Just drill holes, run rope through, and tie them tight to hold together. Number em from the backside to keep em in order when you reassemble.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Say what?? Please say that she didn't do any major damage to it.
Nothing major, at least nothing that can't be fixed. It was raining pretty hard so I didn't stop to take pictures.

My recommendations:

Because of the enormous size possibility, you should look into hitting up your local Tractor Supply Co. stores, for their giant styrofoam blocks they use for stacking trailers for delivery. I've got a dozen at a time. They're about 15" square by 18-20" long. As is, they'd make excellent large-block walls or the stones for the archway. Just drill holes, run rope through, and tie them tight to hold together. Number em from the backside to keep em in order when you reassemble.
There is not a Tractor Supply nearby. I reached out to the local Farm and Ranch store, but they don't sell many trailers and did not have foam block (or didn't seem to know what I was talking about).

However, I am amassing a nice collection of styrofoam coolers. One is going to become my fog chiller, the rest will become tombstones.

I need about a week off to finish my Halloween projects.....

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
So happy to hear that the damage wasn't major and can be easily fixed. It would have sucked big time to have all that hard work ruined. I hope you can get everything finished.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Awesome Looking, I hope nobody else runs into it.
Sometimes we have to wear our work a little bit.

The neighbor recommended that I put up a sandwich board that people 'would see' and not drive into it. I pointed out that it was a 14 foot tall, 18 foot wide castle wall....if they couldn't see that, they were not going to see a sandwich board.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would heat gun long sections of 1 inch pvc pipe over an old tire standing up for a soft curve to span your driveway. If you tape bundles of of pvc together and hear them at the same time you'll get the same curve.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I would heat gun long sections of 1 inch pvc pipe over an old tire standing up for a soft curve to span your driveway. If you tape bundles of of pvc together and hear them at the same time you'll get the same curve.
I'm not following, what would the purpose of that be? I've already built what I've built.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts