Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, I got most of the base coat done last night. I need to trim some edges and do the grout lines on one last panel, and then I'll start adding some texture, and then I'll begin the install. The torches came on saturday as well. I ordered solar powered tiki torches that mimic a flame to attache to the front. They are pretty cool.

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
537 Posts
Well, I got most of the base coat done last night. I need to trim some edges and do the grout lines on one last panel, and then I'll start adding some texture, and then I'll begin the install. The torches came on saturday as well. I ordered solar powered tiki torches that mimic a flame to attache to the front. They are pretty cool.
Looking pretty impressive, Can't wait to see it up and assembled. You are making some good time. The photos look like you have a nice workshop or big garage, I'm forced to work outside, so the weather this weekend put me behind. I'm a little jealous.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Looking pretty impressive, Can't wait to see it up and assembled. You are making some good time. The photos look like you have a nice workshop or big garage, I'm forced to work outside, so the weather this weekend put me behind. I'm a little jealous.
We bought this house for two reasons

1) My wife loved the kitchen
2) I loved the shop

I actually wish it was a little bigger, but I love it. It's 16x30 and detached from the house so I can make as much noise as I want or need to.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Nice. Can you take some pics of the backside? I'm curious about what's holding it up.
I’ll grab some on my way out this morning. It’s zip tied to a carport frame that I got off marketplace for $20. Which is in turn held down by rope to 4- 35 lbs brick type things I had laying around.

Im actually still nervous about it and I’ll be doing some more work to make sure everything stays where it should

·
537 Posts
I’ll grab some on my way out this morning. It’s zip tied to a carport frame that I got off marketplace for $20. Which is in turn held down by rope to 4- 35 lbs brick type things I had laying around.

Im actually still nervous about it and I’ll be doing some more work to make sure everything stays where it should
Understand your concern on the support, especially when people will walk under it. I over-engineered the supports for mine. with 4x4 A-frame , 2x6 laminated end blocks and an 10" lag screws I made sure nothing short of a tornado would bring it down. One Item I've added to my arsenal this year are 'Earth Anchors'. These Auger Ground stakes WILL NOT come out! I'm using them to help secure my Grave Walker. There is a notch in his foot platform that is held down directly by the eye on the auger, and then I use black para-cord to tie back. It disappears at night, is lightweight but super strong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Here are some pictures of the back. It’s more stable than it looks, but I’ll continue to shore it up a little bit. I’m thinking about taking today off to finish working on it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Understand your concern on the support, especially when people will walk under it. I over-engineered the supports for mine. with 4x4 A-frame , 2x6 laminated end blocks and an 10" lag screws I made sure nothing short of a tornado would bring it down. One Item I've added to my arsenal this year are 'Earth Anchors'. These Auger Ground stakes WILL NOT come out! I'm using them to help secure my Grave Walker. There is a notch in his foot platform that is held down directly by the eye on the auger, and then I use black para-cord to tie back. It disappears at night, is lightweight but super strong.

View attachment 722139

I like the idea of using the ground augers

·
537 Posts
Here are some pictures of the back. It’s more stable than it looks, but I’ll continue to shore it up a little bit. I’m thinking about taking today off to finish working on it.

View attachment 722140
You should do some web to cover the carport frame and make a tunnel out of it. Looks pretty solid.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts