Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone remember singing the Halloween poem by Harry Behn, in school as a kid? I know I'm not mis-remembering this, because I found a thread on a UK forum where someone was asking about the same thing. If anyone has an audio clip of this, I'd love to get it.

Tonight is the night
When dead leaves fly
Like witches on switches
Across the sky,
When elf and sprite
Flit through the night
On a moony sheen.

Tonight is the night
When leaves make a sound
Like a gnome in his home
Under the ground,
When spooks and trolls
Creep out of holes
Mossy and green.

Tonight is the night
When pumpkins stare
Through sheaves and leaves
Everywhere,
When ghouls and ghost
And goblin host
Dance round their queen.
It's Halloween.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Send me a PM--I do recall singing the song, and I think I have a version recorded somewhere.
What ever happened with this? I was looking for it online, and it brought me here. I definitely remember singing it, and there being a recorded version. This would have been in 1987-88ish

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What ever happened with this? I was looking for it online, and it brought me here. I definitely remember singing it, and there being a recorded version. This would have been in 1987-88ish
I got the mp3 from him, and made my own version of it, and made a video around it:

Tom's mp3 is yet a little different than how I remember it. His is a Joan Baez style folk singer, whereas I remember a kids choir, but then again I was in the kids choir, and 40 year old memories are not 100% reliable to say the least.

I had fun with it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the mp3 from him, and made my own version of it, and made a video around it:

Tom's mp3 is yet a little different than how I remember it. His is a Joan Baez style folk singer, whereas I remember a kids choir, but then again I was in the kids choir, and 40 year old memories are not 100% reliable to say the least.

I had fun with it!
We sang it in music class in the 70s. I remember it being spooky in the spirit of / though faster tempo of The Alfred Hitchcock show.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I had fun with it!

I had fun with it!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I had fun with it!
Thank you so much for this.
Every year it seems I look to find this song. I have been singing it ever since the 70s. I sing it every year. I have my children singing it. And now I sing it for my preschool class. This made my day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts