Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
-:- Hi-Rez Designs -:-
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

http://www.hi-rezdesigns.com/harmony_photos/index.html

I just got back from visiting family in Massachusetts ... and while I was there I visited the "Harmony Grove Cemetery", which is one of the largest and oldest cemeteries in MA.

It was a perfect overcast day for shooting photos there, but it was 24 degrees outside, so I used a 250mm zoom lens and took almost all the photos from the comforts of the car with the window wide open and the heater running full blast. Fortunately there is a winding road that travels throughout the whole cemetery and most of the tombstones (several thousand) were facing the road.

I took more than 220 photos for reference and for using as a guide for "designing, carving, aging, weathering, and stone layout" for the tombstones I make and for setting up my Halloween yard haunt cemetery based on house lots of tombstones are arranged in real cemeteries.

The photos serve as a good "guide" for how to properly weather and age tombstones when painting them. I was quite pleased with the results and thought others here on Halloween Forum would benefit from these photos, too.

Feel free to click on the link included with this posting that will take you to the "index sheets" of all the photos.

If anyone sees a tombstone they really like, and need the full sized image, email or message me with your email and the photo number and I will email them to you.

Enjoy.

http://www.hi-rezdesigns.com/harmony_photos/index.html

-Hirez00

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quite A Many Pictures!

The aging might be taking place because of aor pollution, making the marble decompose leavings a dust on the stone, as explained to me by a woman who worked in a museum.
The NW Illinois stones show it too, even though we are this far away from most old factories.
Then that rust colored mold grows on some stones and can be very stubborn to wash off!
We have a very photogenic graveyard on the next hill from my house.....6,400 residents.

·
Witch Of The West Coast
1,752 Posts
Wow!! I love seeing all the different types of stones. Some are unique, some are ornate and others are beautiful.. These pics will definately inspire when making our stones for 2011! Thank you!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I made them full screen and looked at all 227 photos. I love old cemetaries. I admire the skill of the tombstone craftsmen who carved the stones without modern tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts