Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a beautiful fall evening, about 65 degrees here in IA, no breeze, perfect out-and my hubby and I sit with a TON of candy and we only had about 15 TOT's - this is the worse it's ever been! I still love decorating, but miss ALL the kids-just isn't what it use to be.

·
Registered
189 Posts
A little slow for us as well. Starts and stops but deffinitely few TOt's here outside of Philadelphia. Of course, many kids might still be on their way home from the World Series parade. GO PHILS!

·
Registered
413 Posts
They must have flown south. I got about twice what I had last year. Getting the graveyard out early this year was good advertising apparently.

I had 50 full sized candy bars and expected to come back in with at least 20 if it was the same as last year but they were gone before the night was 1/2 over and I was down to my candy reserves.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nope..they didnt fly south. I only had about 15-20 tots come out. I thought this year was going to be great with it being a friday and all. Oh well, maybe next year will be better.

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
It's a beautiful night here too...haven't had a Halloween like this in...god...years. I have 0 TOTers anyway, so I take my kids to the neighboring subdivision...It was absolutely packed with kids.... It was great! I think the weather here had everything to do with it!

Told my wife I'd like to move over there just for the TOTers...and she agreed. It seemed to be a good night here...kids everywhere.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah not so good here as well. It is now 7PM and only 1 TOT has been by. Weather is nice. Will keep you posted as the night goes on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had 0 people come I have all this extra candy and nothing to do with it, thank goodness for a Halloween party tomorrow I'll bring it with me :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same here just west of Boston. Had about 40 kids, usually a little higher than that. Beautiful night, too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had a really slow night too; but it was pretty chilly here (NC). Last year, they started having trick-or-treat at the park for the kids. Alot of people complained about it last year; but that must be where the all went.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Beautiful night here... but less than 100 TOTs! We had150 last year. Almost all were on foot. Only two vehicles. No one can figure out why it was so slow. :confused:

·
Registered
97 Posts
We live in a newer community, so homes are still being built. Last year we had two families, and this year only four - which is nowhere near what I had expected since there are kids up and down our block, and we seemed to attract some drive by attention from neighbors a couple of blocks away. I have no idea where they all went for Halloween. We even had neighbors with toddlers who walked right past our house - I think because the kids were probably too scared to come to our door, and walk past all our props.

One of our neighbors a few doors down is in full blown Christmas light mode - and have been all week. We thought they were crazy, but apparently it's for a Hindu holiday - a festival of lights celebration.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,846 Posts
ooooh, this happened to me too!

We had over 170 last year. This year less than 70.

Perfect weather, low 70s, light breeze and lovely.

We had NO TOTs until 7pm, and then just stragglers until 9, and then a few small groups from 9-10.

I figure it was because it was a Friday, they had parties planned or the "trunk or treat" crap that some neighborhood churches were doing robbed us of our TOTs this year.
:(

·
Registered
59 Posts
We had a great night!!! We had over 500 tots. The youngest was 1 month old.
At one time we had a line with about 40 tots waiting to go in the haunt. We have lived in our house for 1 1/2 years. When our neighbors heard that we loved Halloween we were warned that there were tons of tots. And if we did our haunt to expect even more.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts