Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had hard warm cider with floating apple slices multiple times at my parties, but everytime hardly anyone drinks it. It's always really tasty, but no one seems to want it. I always follow this recipe.

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/18942/hot-spiked-cider
It's a hit during my other fall/winter gatherings, but for some reason people don't drink it at Halloween.
Thanks a bunch! I may need to give this a try this weekend and see how it turns out!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hmmmm....This may not be much help to you as this is not hard cider at all. A drink I like to have cold is a "Apple Harvest drink" aka "Fall Harvest drink" In a rock glass put 3 shots of Rum one shot of cinnamon schnapps . Fill glass with cider or apple juice...add ice cubes or crushed Ice (crushed is my favorite) garnish with a slice of orange! I have this every Fall and when I sit on the porch looking out at my yard haunt waiting for the T.O.T.ers FUN!

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I've never actually attempted homemade hard cider. I had some once - and only once - at a friend's Halloween party, and hooooooo boy. It would knock your socks off. You could barely taste the apple! My buddy went a little nuts with the liquor, and he was the only one drinking much of it. :eek:

So when I make my own cider for parties, I add caramel instead of alcohol! Everybody likes it. Oh! Just had a thought! You could try adding Buttershots (butterscotch schnapps) to your cider! That would be amazing...

My favorite hard cider on the market is Woodchuck, and their Fall variety is to die for. It's like liquid apple pie. Sooooo good!

·
Registered
101 Posts
We are make hard cider each year for our Halloween party. I will ask my husband for the recipe.
You might be too late to get it going. It takes a while - we started ours three weeks ago.

We also do cider in the crockpot with cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, and oranges. We then add Spiced rum to it. It is very yummy and warms your toes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
scheibla
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing