Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walpurgis Night (Walpurgisnacht) is a traditional spring festival on 30 April or 1 May in large parts of Central and Northern Europe. It is often celebrated with dancing and bonfires. It is exactly six months from All Hallows' Eve....(snip) In Germany, Walpurgisnacht, the night from 30 April to 1 May, is the night when witches are reputed to hold a large celebration on the Brocken and await the arrival of spring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpurgis_Night

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Sooooo.... is that the Black Sabbath?

And being born on that day is a good thing, right?

Happy birthday to me!

Wonder if I could use that as a holiday to skip work today. ;)

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Headed to Darkhour Haunted House this weekend for a celebration of the holiday! This month's show is for Walpurgishnacht! Debating dressing as a witch when I go. I have about a 45 minute drive to get there and it would be my luck to get stopped and sent to the loony bin for being dressed up!!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Headed to Darkhour Haunted House this weekend for a celebration of the holiday! This month's show is for Walpurgishnacht! Debating dressing as a witch when I go. I have about a 45 minute drive to get there and it would be my luck to get stopped and sent to the loony bin for being dressed up!!!! LOL
I 'be heard that a few haunts are doing Walpurgisnaught events. I wonder if it 's the next big haunt day.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I say, any excuse for a bonfire. Happy Walpurgisnacht everybody!

And Happy Birthday boo hoo! I'll throw an extra marshmallow on the stick for you.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,606 Posts
Happy Birthday Boo Who!
Happy Half-way to Halloween and Happy Walpurgisnacht, everyone!
Bonfires and dancing and witches...sounds like a plan...leading right into the Beltane celebration, festivities and bonfires for tonight and into tomorrow on May Day! So...Happy Beltane, as well!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm really trying to spark in interest with my family and friends to celebrate Walpurgisnacht (since I have German ancestry) but half don't care because it's new to them and the other half are focused on Cinco de Mayo coming up. My husband is Mexican-American and we always have a big BBQ party.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Boo Who.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :) We celebrate Beltane....basically the same thing just a different name. No bonfire for us though...too much rain. I did light a ton of candles though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts