Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We watch the countdown signs, and get all excited when Michaels put's their SpookyToown stuff up in July. We sweat through the summer months and get stressed working on all of our projects. Now the real fun starts! The big month is finally here. Local haunted houses will start opening up. People who traditionally wait untl October to put out their decorations actually will. Halloween TV specials will start to appear, and your local newspaper will begin to advertise Halloween happenings in your town. 31 days and it will all be over, so enjoy this glorious month that we wait all year for. Soak in everything about the Halloween season that you can. This is OUR time!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I agree - I wait all year long for October! I plan to do something Halloween related everyday of the month. And I don't just mean working on props; I mean like watching Halloween movies, reading ghost stories, drinking hot cider, etc. The fun stuff that the season is all about! Enjoy it - it will go by way too fast!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm celebrating, sitting at my desk drinking a steaming hot pumpkin spice cappucino and eating a chocolate frosted donut. Life is good!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Did you ever notice on a calendar that October always has the most beautiful picture?

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
yes, icky it does!!

The fair is in town, the leaves are turning already, it's very cool (these last 2 things are VERY rare for Arkansas! We have had the mildest summer!!) and football is in full swing!! Decorations are popping up everywhere!!

I officially finished my 80 party invitations last night, and the boys are taking them to school to pass out today!!! Last night I purchased the paint and hot glue I needed to finish my props, so I can do that soon too!! :D

I feel a little less stressed today, this FIRST DAY OF OCTOBER!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes, it's OCTOBER!!! Everyone have a glorious first day! Happy haunting each and every one of the 31 days!

Now, to start putting decorations out......

·
Registered
263 Posts
Happy October! Halloween rocks! Let the spookiness begin.

People who traditionally wait untl October to put out their decorations actually will.

That's me. I was holding off till October 1st and now I'm starting to decorate.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Finally it October is here. I'm loving it. Getting geared up to hit some haunted houses this weekend. Can't wait, should be pretty exciting. Anyone ever been to the one in Pontiac, ooooo I can't remember the name, it's slipped my mind!

·
Registered
190 Posts
We just got back from our annual weekend trip to Disneyland, you can't find a better "fall" like place in So Cal, all that orange, brown and yellow has me smiling and I know that it's time for the real fun to begin! Time to get out all the props and decorations that make our home haunted and now we start to see the drive by's from those who want to see what's new and how it changes almost daily! Fun fun fun!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thank Deity for it too, Fall arrived yesterday in Vegas, Going from 90-100 degrees on the 29th to the 70's on the 30th. Now its October, and tonight I'm setting up to get my Paper Mache Pumpkins up and running before I run out of my tiny Funkins!
Must.... savor.... every.... last.... second.... of..... fall.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts