Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all! ^^

My name's Kath, but I'm just beginning to make a name in the Halloween blogosphere as Eureekachu - a reference to both my favorite childhood Halloween special (Eureeka's Castle: It Came from Beneath the Bed) and my totally irrelevant passion for Pokemon, which somehow tends to pop up in all my online doings. I'm sixteen years old and come from a long line (or so I've been told) of Halloween enthusiasts. I can vividly recall each costume I've worn from toddlerhood on, and I have several party-hosting experiences under my belt as well. I'm surprised to have waited this late before deciding to join your forum, as Halloween has always been one of my great obsessions - sometimes the planning more than the actual night! ^^;

Please excuse me for saying this, but I'm probably what some might call a more "lighthearted" Halloween enthusiast. In my opinion, the holiday's largely about memories, which for me consisted of things such as cartoon specials, class parties, trick-or-treating as a family, spider cookies with pretzel legs, and glow-in-the-dark window clings. Though I am gradually boning up (I've decided to visit my first haunt this year!), Halloween to me will always remain that magical time to let your inner child shine; to proudly trick-or-treat in your red flapper costume while, in your almost-three-year-old mind, you know without a doubt you're a cardinal.

I'm so glad I'm becoming part of the HF family, and I hope to get to know you all soon. ^^

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Greetings Eureekachu.
I say!, a Cardinal!...We don't very often get chance to welcome members of the clergy to the forum..Welcome aboard, Your Grace!

Ps..You don't have to apologise for preferring the lighter side of Halloween...
It's Your Halloween...Have it your way.

Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome, all! I can't wait to start contributing to the forum.

Oh, and thank you kindly, Baron. ;D

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Hello Kath and welcome to the forum. You sound wise beyond your years. I totally agree with you about the memories. Halloween brings so many happy memories back to me from the all the past years and the fun and planning for all the future ones. I feel like i want to live forever so i can keep getting in as many halloween years and memories as i possibly can. I have great memories of my childhood halloweens with watching The great pumpkin and going to k-mart to pick out my new ben cooper costume for the year.I couldnt wait every year to start hanging up the Beistle decorations and making carmel apples with my family. Take lots of pictures always and stay young at heart forever.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
you so hit home with many of us about halloween. it is such fun memories from childhood right up to today. [i never was a cardinal although [and didn't you mean the bird?] but i was quite a fine looking gypsy. we are going to love having you on this forum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts