Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happiness is....a warm puppy if you're a Peanuts fan. But having just found something in storage that I bought a year or two ago that I wanted to use for this year's set up, this find qualifies too! What's your halloween happiness find?

Today my happy moment was from locating a bag of 8 5-ft garland strands I bought in the past from Dollar Tree. I knew I had it stashed away somewhere and needed them to fill out some of the vines I wanted to hang over an outside window view I plan to use with AtmosFX's jungle velociraptor projection scene to camouflage the actual window (my hope at least). In case you are scratching your head on this set up, here's one of the jungle scenes that I'm hoping the outer vines help blend into and make a more 3D scene:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yay! So happy you found them. Love that image btw!

What was my Halloween find? You’re asking a tough one for sure. Honestly, it was realizing my props managed to create a theme I hadn’t even considered. That was a surprise I had not anticipated. Halloween serendipity!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I haven't done Halloween for 7 years now so I really was in the dark on what I kept or didn't....I was really happy to find many storage boxes of 2 foot long black lights, strobe lights, par cans, DMX power packs...Basically all my lighting I thought I no longer had....I found them because I was trying for 2 days to find 4 fright idea boo boxes...I finally found the boo boxes on the bottom of all the lighting....I was thinking I might have sold them too after I couldn't find them on the first day so it was like Christmas when I found all that stuff at once....ZR

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well happiness quickly damped after finding those garland strands. Don’t know if because of cheap materials (DT), storage time, or what but a number of my garland strands had the ends with the hanging eyelet break off. Think the only way to remedy is to now buy some thin green wire and wrap the strand and create another hanger with the wire. Any other ideas on repair?? Not something that can be glued or taped back together. Just one more unexpected project.

After finding these garland strands I started wonder what other great props I have stored away I could be using for this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts