Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
600 Posts
Have you considered Command Strips. Available at most any retailer like walmart or target.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I used a screw and anchor. I was concerned about holes in the walls also, so I bought a small tub of lightweight spackling to cover the holes when I'm done with them. If I decide to take them down at all, that is. :D

They're fairly heavy, so I wanted to be sure it wouldn't fall because it is hung over the commode holding a hand towel. If it falls, surely it would shatter. I bought six of these hands. I'm in the process of hanging them in different rooms now.

hand_tinpic.jpg

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am considering hanging a large mirror over my desk. Thinking I could put in the screws and anchors and just hide them with the mirror the rest of the year. My husband thinks I am nuts.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am considering hanging a large mirror over my desk. Thinking I could put in the screws and anchors and just hide them with the mirror the rest of the year. My husband thinks I am nuts.
That sounds like a good idea. The tin sign in my pic above is hiding the towel ring fixture I had there for hanging hand towels. I unscrewed the little fixture and the part that screws to the wall was left behind, so by hiding it, now I have the option of putting it back together again if I decide to go normal again. I really do like the hand though, the irony behind it tickles me somehow. A hand holding a hand towel. lol ...

I know the whole drill and anchor/screws thing seems like more trouble than you probably originally figured, but it would be a shame to have one of these hands fall and break. For the price, I was really surprised at the fantastic quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts