Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously all of these items can be modified for your costume idea but here are a few things i've found that have been REALLY useful.

Cosplay.com - some great Prop how to's - whilst I wouldn't do anything anime-ish - there are some great techniques to be learnt!

How to Make a Jedi Robe - if you're a star wars fan and want to go that route this'll be great, personally Im just using the robe and make a cloak with hood from elsewhere :) Really simple Free Robe pattern! :D

LOTR Costume Research Home has all things fantasy/Lord of The Rings, but lots of things that could go with any other costume!

ScifiHero.NET -> MilitarySciFiHero.NET
and ScifiHero.NET -> General Costuming & Prop Making
for misc scifi costume making

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I reccomend this book Costume Craftwork on a Budget. It covers masks, wigs, and headresses with nearly the detail and precision. It is step-by-step processes for creation of high-end Vegas showgirl costumes, Broadway effects, et. It covers wigs with the same step by step detailed procedures and refers to this as 3-D make-up. The mask section uses the same head casting to start, but explores different materials from flexible foam sheets to decopage. It also covers headresses: creating animal heads starting with the wire formature, tieing the foam sheets to achieve different shapes, such as eyelids, ears, mouth parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts