Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of my GrandinRoad ladies from two years ago did not come with hands which has always kind of bothered me. I picked these Spirit Halloween Zombie arms up over the weekend and they are feminine looking hands and I think will make a nice addition to one of my props.

They were 9.99 retail I believe but I bought them during the sale last weekend so not a bad deal.

Anyone else find substitute hands out there?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'll have to look for those. It's hard to find both a right and a left hand. Usually the severed hands are all left or all right.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
I'll have to look for those. It's hard to find both a right and a left hand. Usually the severed hands are all left or all right.
I know what you mean lurker, I actually already have a pair like GoS, but did not remember, got them last year on Nov 1st and didn't remember till I went in attic to bring down some stuff to work on

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I need about 5 pair of hands for my fortune teller props. Those look pretty cool.

I bought some of the skeletal hands at DT and am going to try to use them by wrapping in tape and painting. I figure I don't have much to lose. I sort of wish I would have picked up some of the DT skeletal hands with stakes. They are smaller in scale but would be easier to attach into a pool noodle arm. I figure these will do and no one will be that up close and personal with them.

The DT hands are all one hand, but I dug through all they had and some look closer to being different hands with the shape of the finger bones and I am thinking about lightly hitting with heat gun. I have the flesh looking paint used on the wig heads that will match in skin tone.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a bunch if mismatched hands from various places. Many times you can just have a prop with one hand exposed or a hand emerging from a crate, etc. So there's plenty of uses for them. Matched pairs much harder to come by.

These kinds of hands in the store fly off the shelves come day after sale at Spirit if there any still hanging on the rack. Pretty versatile for groundbreakers to other prop uses.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought those too but I was looking for something that looked more male than what I already had.

We redecorated our sons room in a zombie theme for his 15th birthday (3 yrs ago) Anyway, his birthday is in Aug so I went to my Halloween stash and used these Kmart Totally Ghoul zombie hands that I had. Problem is, his zombie is a WW II soldier who has been living with female hands for 3 years now!

spin_prod_875373512.jpg

I bought the ones you did last week because they aren't anywhere near as female looking as the Totally Ghoul ones. I need to paint them now. The skin tone on the Kmart hands pretty well matched the mask, but these don't.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah with those fingernails on the Totally Ghoul ones, even palms up view, definitely look female. The SH ones, if you want to, I'm sure could have faux nails added for a more witch's long nail look.

Two years ago I bought some hanging arms from Halloween City (Party City) that I know I found in a matching set, although they were sold separately. I'm pretty sure those were more masculine. Not sure where I put them though to post a photo of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts