Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a wall or window and cover it with stretchy material, have someone stand behind it and reach
out pushing out the material in the shape of their hands. I'm not sure how else to describe this. If anyone understands what I'm
trying to accomplish here, what would I use for the stretchy material? It seems like it should be some kind of latex sheet or something
that will go back to its original shape when the hands aren't pushing through.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd advise a trip to your local fabric store. Look for a stretchy material in a neutral color like spandex or even neoprene (the latter probably being stupid expensive for a wall but you get the idea) then making a wall frame out of sturdy 2x3s (cuz they're cheaper that 2x4's) stretch the material over the frame (staple or tack nail the material along the sides or back of the frame doing your best to keep wrinkles out of it. keep the material taunt but not over stretched to allow your actor to push on the wall creating the effect.
hope this helps?

·
Registered
697 Posts
As ErrKILLkill said Spandex. There is a sceen like you describe in Nightmare on Elmstreet where Freddy comes through the wall. They used spandex. 800_nightmare_on_elm_street_blu-ray3.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts