Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HallowSkeen 2008 was a huge success! 57 people signed the guest book. That is an attendance record for us. All of my pictures can be viewed here including pics of the exterior, my Witches Kitchen and the rest of the interior shots http://photobucket.com/HallowSkeen2008

Below are just a few of the pictures.

These are some of the interior:

And a few of the food:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, the food looks absolutely amazing! What ingredients did you use to make the brain? The whole place looks very atmospheric and spooky, great job! I love the wreath on the door, it looks creepy and cool.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I really enjoyed your pictures, your house looks just wonderful all the little details of your witches kitchen & your photos on the wall. I bet your guests really had a great time.

Your food photo's are terrific!

I'm so use to looking at everyones photo's after halloween cause usually I'm so busy 2 weeks before the night I have no time to sit down here, but this year with all these health things goin on I have to sit a lot more so I have time to spend here & I just wanted to say how much all these party pictures get you in the spirit of the holiday! Thanks for posting them like this...its really nice!!

Muf

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for sharing you pictures, WOW! Love all your decorations and your food looks wondeful. You really did an amazing job.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Hallowskeen - beautiful pictures and great food! That brain looks positively disgusting and I mean that in the best possible way!! Congratulations on a very cool party. And 57 people - WOW!!!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Oh, my!! It all looks soooo great!! The brain mold is fabulous, how could you ever eat that?!?!? All your decor is just wonderful, I'm sure your guests had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics!! WE LOVE PICS!!! :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Your decorations look great and the food is amazing. Congrats on a fabulous party. Thanks for sharing your pictures - could you share your shrimp dip and cheese ball recipes?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the Kudo's everyone! It makes it all worth it when people appreciate all the effort that went into putting on a successful party! The night of the party after all of the guests were gone and I was cleaning up I said "NEVER again will I do this". The next morning I said "Okay, I might do this again, but not this elaborate". After lying on the couch all day and doing absolutley nothing, and I mean NOTHING, I was thinking Hmmm....What can I do next year to make it even better!

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the cheese ball. I purchased it at Sam's Club. It is call an Italian 3 Layer Cake Cheese Ball. It was quite tasty and people had no problem eating it! The brain is a shrimp dip. It is a recipe that I got from a catering class I took earlier this year. Not many people would eat it because of the gross out factor, but it is actually quite tasty. The only change I made to the recipe was to leave out the celery mainly because I'm not suppose to eat it, but also because I forgot to buy it.

Shrimp Dip

Ingredients:
1 - 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese
1 - Cup mayonnaise
1 - Envelope (1 Tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
2 - 4 oz cans small shrimp, drained and rinsed
½ - Cup chopped celery
½ - Cup chopped onion
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan, heat tomato soup and cream cheese until cream cheese is melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soften the gelatin in ¼ cup water.
2. Once the cream cheese has melted, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into a 5 or 6 cup greased refrigerator mold.
4. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes cover mold and keep refrigerated until set (at least 2 hours).

·
Registered
814 Posts
Great pictures! You did a fantastic job with the food display....and I just love the cluster of photos on the wall....very nice indeed! Thanks for sharing.. :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Thanks for the Kudo's everyone! It makes it all worth it when people appreciate all the effort that went into putting on a successful party! The night of the party after all of the guests were gone and I was cleaning up I said "NEVER again will I do this". The next morning I said "Okay, I might do this again, but not this elaborate". After lying on the couch all day and doing absolutley nothing, and I mean NOTHING, I was thinking Hmmm....What can I do next year to make it even better!
HallowSkeen LOL!!!! We did the exact same thing!!! We said that this was it, but as people were leaving they were telling us that they can't wait for NEXT year! Sunday we talked with friends who were already planning their costumes, and Monday got a thank you calls and notes, including a call from one of the kids telling us it was the best Halloween Party EVER!!! So...we're already pretty sure what the theme will be...
Re: Shrimp brain mold. Looks disgusting, tastes delicious! Our first year people hardly touched it. 2nd and third year there was hardly any left!

Nice decorating, the columns around the fireplace look real good.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've added a few more pictures to my gallery. Mostly some night shots of the outside of the house. Here is one of Your's Truely on Halloween night.

Now THAT is SCARY!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts