Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Hope everyones busy with their props and such, but if you could take a moment to answer a question. I really want to dive into the Hallowindows thing this year. I have my cheap projector off ebay, white Walmart shower curtain, and now I need to decide between the less expensive download or the DVD. I'm currently unemployed so $ is an issue, but YOU know how it is with Halloween!
Please help me decide, will I be disappointed with the download? I have the order page up as I type this! Thanks in advance

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
I think the download is THE 2007 version. But the DVD comes with both 2007 AND 2008 HALLOWINDOW plus it comes with extra bonus videos. I would buy the dvd!

·
Registered
150 Posts
The download is just the first version. I bought the DVD last year and it has both versions. I actually like the first version a little better. I would have been just as happy with only the first version, especially since the DVD does not automatically cycle through the two versions. I'd do the download and splurge next year if you're not happy with the first version alone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Eyegor has it right. The download is only the 2007 version (Hallowindow I) but it also comes with the Green Eye animation. Hallowindow I is the one that most people are familiar with on You Tube so you should be happy with it. Of course, with the download you will need to play it from your computer as opposed to a DVD player so it may be a little more technical to set up but if your familiar with the video player on your computer you should be fine. I hope this helps.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
I did like the 1st version best, but enjoyed #2 also. But REALLY liked the extras & the illusive easter egg extras with the red ghosts & spiders !!
Possible to burn the download to dvd....?

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you're using a Mac I know that you can burn pretty much anything to a DVD using iDVD. The only thing I'm unsure of is the looping. That is something we had to program into the DVD using advanced DVD authoring tools. you may just have to set your DVD player to loop the current video that it's playing using the remote.

I'm not sure what you can use on a PC but I'm sure there's some kind of program out there that will do it. Is there anyone that knows what you can use on a PC to author a DVD?

·
Registered
622 Posts
On PC, you can just set "repeat" on whatever player you're using.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts