Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 307 Posts

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, no preview yet. All I have are a bunch of sketchy drawings/ideas on post-it notes stuck to my wall. Not much of a teaser... and it may be a while before I can get video together. I'm pumped to hear you're excited though. If you're on the mailing list I'll be sending out updates when they are ready... but I'll probably post progress here as well. For now I will tease you with a lame picture of post-it notes. haha.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey guys, sorry for being offline for a few days... been pretty busy with work lately. Hopefully most of the questions about the scrim were answered on the blog. I wish I knew what it was called exactly but referring to the photo of it on the blog should help you if you're going to fabric store to look for some. I tried Walmart before going to a specialized fabric store since they are generally way cheaper, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. On the other hand the fabric store had quite a few options to choose from.

Again, I think the scrim works best during dusk hours and while using a nice bright projector. I think that if you want to increase the contrast for full darkness hours you'd have to modify the inside of the room you are projecting in. Meaning, you'd probably have to hang black curtains on the interior walls to help minimize the light reflecting around in the room... since that will tend to flood out the projection during bright scenes.

PS. if you have an iPhone go grab the free iPhone wallpapers from the Hallowindow Blog

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Meltdown... go to the Extras Menu... navigate to Ghosts... then press Left. A pair of eyes should light up... press Enter. Viola! Red Ghosts! Also try going right from Spiders.

Thanks for the tips on style everyone. I'm happy to hear your thoughts. Ideally, I'd like to make a more serious version with scary imagery and version that is more fun and cartoony for kids. Doing both would be a lot of work so I'm unsure right now how much of each will be possible. Of course my natural style tends to be on the bold cartoony side of things and keeping it somewhere in between has worked so far.

Oldsguy350... The animation works best on windows that are about a 4:3 ratio... so much like a standard TV (not HD TV). If you can fill that space up it should looks fine. It might not look as good if you have a tall narrow window to project it in.

Ghost of Spookie... I double checked, all Hallowindow links are up and running. Maybe try again.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Dr Morbius, I am currently out of mailing envelopes and had to do a little research to find a good supplier. I found one and placed an order so they should be here in the next couple days. I'll resume shipping as soon as possible but right now I'm back logged by 2 weeks. Basically it came down to my Canadian supplier being WAY too expensive so I found an American one that was much cheaper even after applying the exchange rate. Sorry for the delay.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
By the way, Crazy ideas Dr Morbius!! Some of them are a little too extreme for a general audience but it would be cool to have a PG version down the road. Some parents with toddlers might not be into human flesh on a clothes line... or torture. It's a fine line you have to walk to make it acceptable yet cool for a broad audience.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Awesome!! It's always cool to hear about people using it outside of Canada and the U.S. Thanks for passing along my site to passers by. Married life is fantastic and the wedding was amazing, The Fall is a great time for a wedding... not too hot and we had some really nice photos taken with the trees changing colour all around us.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Update: Things are moving along on Hallowindow III (2009). I've got a lot of the animation done and some of the audio has been added. There's still a lot of tweaking left to do as well as packaging and the DVD menu. I will be trying to set-up an option to play all of the animation on the DVD consecutively since so many people have asked for that option. As an designer I am concerned about the transition between separate animations so I may end up having to work out something to make them all work together. The way things are going I should be looking at mid September to start taking pre-orders.

Back to the grind.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
AWW, thanks SusieBoo. That's really sweet. It's getting very close to being done now but I think the week ahead may involve some late nights... I'll be taking those deep breaths you recommended. haha. Anyway, Just to let everyone know, The new animation is 4 minutes long and the people I've showed it to think I may have upped the ante in terms of detail. The sounds are coming together and it's really getting fun... I hope you guys like zombies. FYI I'm going to be trying really hard to get the NEW website up and running around September 16... meaning I should be able to start taking orders around then... I'm pretty sure that shipping will commence the following week. That's tentative, and things can change but I'm trying to stick to it. head down... back to it.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
hey yummum29, there is currently no preorder available. I'm working at getting the new site ready to launch and when it does there will be the ability to preorder... potentially by the end of the week. shipping will most likely start by the last week in September. Please join the mailing list at Hallowindow - Mark Gervais if you'd like to stay informed about the release.

Also... facebook users... Hallowindow | Facebook

I hope that link works.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.