Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's not just stores anymore. Yesterday we were driving and on one side of the street someone had spider webs and orange string lights. Across the street was Christmas lights and jingle bells! You could almost hear the dueling banjos.

It was probably a Christmas fanatic but, c'mon man, wait till November!

·
Registered
352 Posts
not just the stores Friday hallmark play the Christmas (love stories) all day and then I have been seeing "holiday" commercials as well

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hobby Lobby had Christmas stuff in Aug....yes I typed right. I love Christmas as much as Halloween but never decorate till after Thanksgiving. I mean really, Christmas before Halloween is just wrong-lol

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,261 Posts
i've been anti-christmas creep for awhile now--probably since i saw a macy's with a christmas tree in august. (it wasn't a full department or anything, but still, that's starting way too early.) i don't mind it starting in early november, as i don't mind halloween starting in early september, but any earlier than that is a little ridiculous.

however...

understand that stores don't have much of an incentive to keep halloween displays up until october 31. other than candy, i'm sure there aren't a lot of purchases being made for halloween items in the last couple of days leading up to halloween. it's sad to see it go but the stores are selling products, not just decorating.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's not just stores anymore. Yesterday we were driving and on one side of the street someone had spider webs and orange string lights. Across the street was Christmas lights and jingle bells! You could almost hear the dueling banjos.

It was probably a Christmas fanatic but, c'mon man, wait till November!
Oh last year one of the morning hosts of a local radio station who's a big Christmas person was decorating the inside of her house for Christmas on Halloween. Couldn't' even wait until the trick or treaters were gone, nope, had to wake up Halloween morning, since it was a saturday and start decorating the inside of her house for Christmas. When she announced on the Friday that she was going to do that she got a bit of backlash. She defended it by saying that she wasn't going to decorate the outside for Christmas until Sunday. Yeah, that makes it better.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hobby Lobby had Christmas stuff in Aug....yes I typed right. I love Christmas as much as Halloween but never decorate till after Thanksgiving. I mean really, Christmas before Halloween is just wrong-lol
The craft stores I give a pass though. Think about how many months it takes to get everything we need done for Halloween. There are definitely people who spend as much or more time on Christmas as we do on Halloween, so they need the stuff early to get started.

I love me some Christmas, the Christmas lights go up as soon as the outdoor Halloween stuff comes down, but I can't decorate for it or turn on the lights until at least the last weekend in November. Too much too soon and I burn out. I only do it that early because I don't want to freeze my butt off doing it later. But I won't lie, I've already bought a few Christmas things, including presents.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i've been anti-christmas creep for awhile now--probably since i saw a macy's with a christmas tree in august. (it wasn't a full department or anything, but still, that's starting way too early.) i don't mind it starting in early november, as i don't mind halloween starting in early september, but any earlier than that is a little ridiculous.

however...

understand that stores don't have much of an incentive to keep halloween displays up until october 31. other than candy, i'm sure there aren't a lot of purchases being made for halloween items in the last couple of days leading up to halloween. it's sad to see it go but the stores are selling products, not just decorating.
You'd be surprised. Particularly with halloween being on a monday this year, there were an aweful lot of people in Walmart yesterday buying halloween stuff. I don't let the girls wear the costumes they're trick or treating in to school, just in case things get lost, wrecked, or dirty, so my oldest decided last minute she needed vampire fangs to make herself into a vampire princess for her school costume. They have a tonne of play costumes they can draw from, but we couldnt' find any fangs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts