Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Christmas is quickly approaching and I'm still in Halloween mode. I'm going through the actions of preparing for Christmas decorating and as I do... I keep imaging my JOL's wearing Santa hats and my Halloween village (which I've yet to put away) covered in snow. I'm actually considering doing a few of these things =)

How about you guys? Anyone out there do a Halloweenish Christmas?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've been thinking about doing it myself.
I didn't get a chance to do much decorating for halloween this year because of work and helping out with a friends haunted house.
So I'm thinking about doing a halloween Christmas to make up for lost time.
Maybe even a Halloween Thanksgiving, corpse turkey and all.:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have been toying around with the "Nightmare Before Christmas" idea. I have been trying to outline who to create and how the display would look.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
We are having our Halloween Xmas party for NC members here on the forum Dec. 13th. SO as I am putting halloween away I'm pulling things to keep out for decorations for when my Halloween friends come. I mean we could not have a Xmas party with no orange & black, yup no spirit in that!

the Muffster

·
Registered
128 Posts
now, you talk about it, i've just bought a black Xmas tree, some black decorations and i'm planning to let Mr Jack play with my tree.....
I can't help but think about new stuff to build...next thing i should build is a bigger house to store everything :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have been toying around with the "Nightmare Before Christmas" idea. I have been trying to outline who to create and how the display would look.

I have too! I purchased a black prelit Christmas tree a couple of days ago...just looking for some ornaments now...:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
cylongfrogqueen and I were "discussing" this very thing recently. I am not a big fan of.... that other "holiday" and find it difficult to get in a proper spirit now that my children are no longer little. I am working on a sculpt currently (to which my husband asked "don't you ever take time off from halloween?" well NO) and I pretty much convinced myself that halloween needs to eat christmas and pick it's very sharp teeth with Santa bones. It will take some time, but I'm convinced that we can make sure green and red take on an entirely new meaning. Bwahaha.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well, me and my other half both like "dark" things (although I do like bright things too...I'm weird like that!), so it would be something we're both keen to do. Just depends what we can get in time, as money is rough, though i'm hoping will improve soon. We don't have a lot of Xmas things really, though I suppose it's still more than some people have. I do have a gothic angel tree-topper, but it's like a porclein type doll, so I don't use it as a tree-topper. I have it out all year round with it's buddy! :D Plus it's wings fell off! haha

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
A few years ago my little girl was after me to "do SOMETHING" for Christmas. So I did an 8' plywood cut-out of "The Grinch". He was holding a wrapped present in his hand and had a look of disgust on his face. We could cover the presenet with a Jack O'Lantern for Hallowe'en. Check this pic out for an idea: http://www.everwonder.com/david/grinch/draw/jcarrey.jpg

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
I've done it for the past three years. The fam still wont let me keep the graveyard up out front and "christmas it up"....Oh just wait till I get my own house!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will have to celebrate christmas with my family but then i will go on a halloween-christmas party!
We will be dressed like dark sentaclauses and angles. there will be bats and pumkins instead of bells and cookies.
I cant wait!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will have to celebrate christmas with my family but then i will go on a halloween-christmas party!
We will be dressed like dark sentaclauses and angles. there will be bats and pumkins instead of bells and cookies.
I cant wait!!
Oh please post pictures of that! I'd LOVE to see them!

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I like the Nightmare before Christmas scene you did with the Storybook ornaments Curlgoddess, the trees look really cool. Kinda reminds me of the shadowboxes my fiance made me last year for christmas using tiny NBX figures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts