Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple teaser pics.

I will be finishing it up tomorrow and have more details. Maybe even a video if I can find a volunteer.

If your interested, here are some pictures of the plans. The thing is over 9 1/2 feet tall!

Download plans here

Oh, yes, it will be functional.....yes, it will have a live real person in the locks....and yes, their head will fall in the basket.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Very nice and the plans look good also, just wish it was easier to comprehend and a break down of what supplies are needed, but very nice can't wait to try and make this.

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Very nice bob... I've actually got a pretty good idea how this works, Alice Cooper used to use something VERY similar in his stage show, and it is a pretty good effect.... as you say.... live person + their head falls into the basket.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, exactly like Alice Cooper's. It's the same mechanism, although they have a few minor differences in construction. There are numerous videos of the Alice Cooper version on you tube.

And yes, Evil Bob, I am going to hell for reveiling the secret. Shall I save you a seat?

Just kidding!

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
I always wondered about this prop, as I too know how it's done...What happens if for some reason the bottom stock gets stuck and won't slide down? That would be a real problem to sya the least, wouldn't it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts