Halloween Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Even with Covid we had our usual 500-750 ToTs last year. I may use my candy chute again (it's a dragon), works with my theme, so why not.

But yeah the candy chutes aren't a perfect system, they may even just make it worse. A lot of these young kids don't have the right coordination (or just aren't paying enough attention) to even catch the candy in their buckets. Heck most of them just use plastic grocery bags instead of candy buckets, so that makes it even harder to catch the candy coming down the chute. Then the candy falls on the ground, where hundreds of other kids have been STEPPING, and they pick it up and put it in their bag before I can tell him "hey maybe you should just leave it.... okay, nevermind". And the parents aren't paying attn to that because they're looking at the decorations or dealing with their other children.

Personally I think the candy part of Halloween is a little unnecessary, kind of wish it was just about decorating and then walking around and looking at your neighbors decorations with a cold beer in your hand and getting to know new people.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
We decided not to have a party but will continue with out door Friday Night Movies.
We used skeleton arms w/hands to pass out candy & that's what we are gonna do this year.

·
Registered
Oct 31st = scare neighbors who like candy lol
64 Posts
In 2020 we stopped answering the door and started doing ours outside with a candy chute. But we encourage social distancing, masking wearing etc. We also say if you are covid shy to just walk by or drive by. I suspect the same this year.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,478 Posts
...kind of wish it was just about decorating and then walking around and looking at your neighbors decorations....
This would be great if neighbors actually decorated with more than a pumpkin & some lights or a few small inflatables at best.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The great news is that October 31st will come again this year - it's just going to be how much we will / can celebrate.

Last year, we have a couple of 'Halloween Trees' that we strung up a string between and pegged on sealed little lolly bags. We placed this at the end of our driveway so kids could take one when then walked past. We then sat at the top of our drive to watch and carved pumpkins. Worked out pretty well, so we'll probably look at a similar set up again this year.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts