Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just thought I would share my pics of my wedding Reception. I just got married on October 25th. If I would have really looked at a calander I would have waited til this year to get married, but my husband didn't want to wait another year. Our ceremony was normal. BLAH! I should have found an old barn and got a justice of the peace to marry us there, but on th plus side our transportation for eveyone was Fire trucks. My Husband and I are both firefighter, that's how we met. I've been doing it for 22 years, he's only been in it for 8 years. Oh yeah we went to a haunted covered bridge for our pictures.
I poured that day! Just added to the ambiance. My girls threw me a haunted luau bridalshower and for my bachlorette party they took me to a haunted house! God I love them! Anyway here's the link. Let me know what you think.

Halloween Forum - halloween junkie's Album: Halloween Wedding reception

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
junkie those are awesome pictures. The cake was amazing, great idea having the bottom real and the top fake to keep. Great job on the toasting glasses too!

·
Registered
128 Posts
great pics, great job with the fimo clay, you must have worked nights & days but it's well worth it !!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
OMG junkie, congratulations, and those were fantastic pics!! Awww, it was so sweet, and you two just look lovely! :)
The dress and bouquet are beautiful- loved your makeup, too!

Best wishes to you both!

·
Registered
450 Posts
wedding

What a tremendous job to did! Way to go.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Hey, junkie, welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for sharing those pics, you did a FABULOUS job on everything. Your makeup, dress and bouquet were amazing. And the little place cards were a great idea. The wedding cake....well....it took the cake!!! ;) Great idea to have part of it fake to keep. The hall looked absolutely awesome. And the ice sculpture was a stroke of genius, who did that for you??

And gotta love hubby, bless him, is he a Halloween fan, too? You make a great couple. :D Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone

Thank you everyone for the positive comments, they are appreciated. MHooch
the ice sculpture was a wedding gift from my brother. His friend does them. I think his buisness is call Frozen Fantasies. My husband is being "converted" the more I do for Halloween at our house the more he gets into it. I'll have him a junkie in no time! He's actually been talking about letting and helping me do a mini maze in our yard!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was a firefighter at the time we got married. We had a costume party reception on oct 27th and as you may have had at your wedding, several of the firefighters came in turnouts and blue shirts lol.

Anyhow, we had a blast. We did it on the cheap- cooked our own food, no bar, rented a community center for $200. We had a lot of resistance from one side of the family, so i was tickled pink that the severed finger i put in the chili was actually bitten into by one of the stodgiest complainers! haha take that!

we took my sister in law and mother in law to a 7 floor haunted house and they about peed themselves. It was a great wedding. I was Elvis (my wife sewed the jumpsuit!) and my wife was Medusa.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Congrats, Junkie. You look fabulous and I love the place card holders. It must've been fun with the Fire Truck transports.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love it!

I'm getting married this Halloween and your pictures inspired me! Everything was awesome! We're also having a "normal" ceremony...except it's being held in the chapel of a historic cemetery. :)

Question: Did you make the brick pillars yourself?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats. Yes I made the pillars. They are just cardboard boxes taped together and covered with the plastic scene setter background. You can find the scene setters on just about any halloween store website. It's not that expensive. The draw back from doing it this way is I can't put them outside.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
What great pics! It looks awesome even with the "before neat lights" effect!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am so jealous!!! Wow, I really wish I had thought to have a Halloween themed wedding. Yours looked wonderful. Wow, what a great job you did on everything! Congratulations!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts