Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well, the wedding was a huge success. The Bride, Groom, and Bride's mother all said everything was perfect!

The wedding guests and the groom's half of the wedding party started arriving around 5:00pm. As they arrived, they paused to be photographed then entered the Haunted House (which was closed to ToTs until after the ceremony). They emerged from the HH into the living room, then continued to the back patio for drinks & snacks. We had a partition hung dividing the ToTs' path from the rest of the living room, but had it raised up out of the way for the ceremony.

The Bride and her maids showed up at 7:00pm and, after a few pics, entered the HH. At that time, we closed the HH to everyone and shifted our efforts to the back patio where we set out all of the food and prepped for dinner service. Ten minutes later, the ceremony was over, the patio doors opened, and the guests poured out. We immediately lowered the partition, took up our positions in the HH, and started letting the ToTs in. My stations were "Trick-or-Treat Trail" (the walkway behind the partition) and the dining room. When ToTs emerged from the HH, I ushered them along the Trail, through the dining room, out the front door, where the Candy Passer sat. Funny thing is, very few ToTs stopped to get their candy!

I have no idea how many ToTs (and their parents) came through. I do know that every time I peeked out the front door, there wasn't just a line to get in, but a crowd! We let the first ones in at about 7:15pm, and they kept going non-stop until almost 9:00pm. We officially closed down for the season at 9:20pm.

The last wedding guest left at 11:55pm.

Photos from the ceremony are here: STARK Madness Photo Gallery - Steven and Katrina's Wedding

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,527 Posts
WOW! I've heard of the bride having to get her makeup just right for her wedding, but the groom too?? :D :p Very cool! :cool: And what a terrific family and friends you must have! They all looked to have a great time despite you being as disturbed as the rest of us. :p And the bride is absolutely lovely!

Oh, by the way.... great work on the make-up! Did you do it yourself or did you have a make-up artist? I could use the number for a good make-up artist... I mean look at me. :rolleyes:

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, there seems to be some confusion. I'm not the one in the makeup. That was the Groom.

A couple wanting to get married on Halloween night contacted us about renting out our house (fully decorated) for their wedding (including 70 guests). They also asked my wife to help plan as well as cater and host it. All I did was decorate, and I had a lot of help with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts