Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we're getting closer & maybe now the weather folks can get us a little better forecast. Here's a GFS model/map for Halloween for the Mid-Atlantic region. GFS (global forecast system) isn't always reliable & most models aren't this far out but it's a good educated guess really.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
It doesn't quite take in my area, but the closest it comes looks like 33-34. I won't be having an outdoor party!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's still early so that could all change but I'm hoping that 70*° stays right where it is, right over my house!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As long as there's no downpours I'll be OK. Most kids can deal with a few showers or the cold, but they won't come out in torrential rains.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
The biggest factor for me since I set up Halloween day is what exactly will be set up outside. Not a huge covered porch area to use. Nothing to get too concerned about weather wise yet and seeing typical projections for our west coast area this time of year. With the ocean and mountains around us here we won't really have a good idea until a few days out.

I like to use Wunderground for local current weather. They aren't projecting out to halloween day yet. Accuweather is showing 65/48 with possible showers on Halloween day. Weather.com is showing 76/53 with 10% chance of rain. We've had some rain showers in October already. In fact think there's still water sitting on our patio table and bbq island covers from what we got overnight Sunday night and we woken up to wet streets a few days already. Bodes well for the water we need here but makes it plausible for precip in the coming days. I'd love a nice warm night with no rain if the rain gods are listening :).

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Weather.com is showing sunny with highs in the mid 70s for us, of course it could and most likely will change five times between now and then. That's still a good guess for our area. We have some rain coming in later this week and it will be the first in three months. We haven't had rain on Halloween in more than ten years so either we're past due and will get rained out or the pattern holds and we stay dry.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Forecast for Halloween shows upper 60s to low 70s, sunny and clear for Dallas! The weather must be dry a few days before and a day after in order for us to set up the full walk through on our property.

So here's to good weather!

·
Registered
244 Posts
For the past few years we've had temps in the 40s and rainy in Milwaukee....it's looking like this year is no exception. :mad:

I like sitting by my firepit in my driveway, have a few drinks and handout candy during Trick or Treating. I'm hoping it gets up to the 50s at least with no rain.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Weird I was just looking at it right before hopping on here. Right now it is looking like upper 50's low 60 with high chance of rain. Hoping it moves. Rain has stopped alot my projects already. Hope it doesnt ruin the day.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ugh, my area is not looking good. Temp in low to mid 60's, which is fine, but looking like rain. I'll look again when we're a week out & hope for something better.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,282 Posts
My party is the 24th and of course they're predicting heavy rain/possible thunderstorms. :(
Might have to cancel. Or have to move it to the 30th. But really don't want to.

Still aren't sure about Halloween, but the week leading up to it is forecasted for partly cloudy with temps in the high 70s.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Our forecast is calling for 50's and rain for the big day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Scattered showers showing currently for south east PA, which is a bummer - but it's still out far enough we're hoping for the best.

·
Registered
414 Posts
48 where I am - going to die of heat stroke!!

Oh wait, you Americans use that other system of measurement. I think 48 is coldish? Off to find a Canuck friendly forcast - and something that will show the POP - cold I can handle, but the last 4 halloweens running have been cold windy and miserably wet.

EDIT: *sigh* High of 11, low of 8, and a 60% probability of rain. It's been colder on other halloweens in recent memory, but is it too much to ask to not rain? I can layer the kids up in extra clothes under their costumes on a clear night, but no one wants to ruin the look of a costume with a coat, and an umbrella does not keep running children dry. And for you non canucks, the 48 is about right, high's a little higher, low's a little lower.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The weather forecast for our area is rain everyday until AFTER Halloween (as we have had everyday here pretty much since mid summer).

I am hoping it stays fairly dry during the TOTing period then it can rain all it wants again when the kids are done and the tombstones are put away. (take down is only about 20 minutes.

Marie

1 - 20 of 40 Posts