Halloween Forum banner

Halloween Wax Seal Stamps?

Papercraft 
4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SkellyCat 
#1 ·
Has anyone found wax seal stamps with Halloween images on them. All I have found (online) are the faux wax ones. I found some nice red seal wax at my local craft store, but not stamps.

G

#7 ·
Let me know if it works out for you!
I will. I just did a test this morning with a "witch hat" stamp I bought yesterday.
I need a little bit more practice, but it looked okay for my first try.
I can post some pictures after I try a few more.

The only thing I would worry about using normal stamps is that the wax might get stuck in them so just make sure to make it fast when you do it. Also choose a strong sturdy rubber that will hold up to the heat of the melted wax. I'm very interested to see how it turns out for you. I've been looking for wax seals for a while. Please post some pictures :)

-Gothikren
I just dipped the stamp in some warm water before and after I stamped it. That was just one though. We shall see how it holds up to 20 plus.
And yes, the wax seals are very hard to find!

G

#6 ·
The only thing I would worry about using normal stamps is that the wax might get stuck in them so just make sure to make it fast when you do it. Also choose a strong sturdy rubber that will hold up to the heat of the melted wax. I'm very interested to see how it turns out for you. I've been looking for wax seals for a while. Please post some pictures :)

-Gothikren

#10 ·
I apologize for necroposting, but I thought I'd share the site at which I got my wax seals:

http://www.nostalgicimpressions.com/category_s/173.htm

there is a minimum order, but between seals and wax I've never had trouble fulfilling it. Do also check out their wax seal rings, there's a skull one there, too

This may be too late for this thread's intent, but hopefully others looking for wax seals might find it helpful

#12 ·
You COULD make your own, if you really wanted to go nuts.

Wax seals can be carved from soapstone or sculpted from paperclay, polymer clay or sculpy.

Your best bet, in my ever so humble opinion, is to get a wax seal with the inital of your last name and use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.