Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.

Is it just me, or are others out there realizing that our old Christmas decorations are getting in the way of storing our more important Halloween props? You know, I NEVER would spend such valuable time, space and $$ on silly old Christmas stuff. I just gotta start weeding through the Christmas stuff to reclaim space -- so I can create and store more significant Halloween pieces/props.

Oh, the problems of the Propaholic!

-Doc

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man...that's a toughie. I'm a Xmas fan myself.
Yeah, I have a ton of Xmas stuff, too. The post was kinda tongue-in-cheek as I decorate inside the house as much for Xmas as Halloween (did you see all the pics with junk I have for Halloween parties at our house?).

Thanks,

-Doc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Christmas and Halloween are almost completely different but they both bring A LOT to the table and are both very special in their own ways. I love both of the holidays and think that the same time and effort should be used for both of them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Uhm, I like Halloween way more. I have plenty of xmas stuff. My parents insist on putting inflatables on the lawn...but I think its tacky. I also don't really like colored lights on my house unless its the old fashioned c7/c9 lights. I prefer white lights, same with the xmas tree. I tend to like to use green garland with white lights on the house, as well as very tasteful things on the lawn. I prefer it elegant and organized. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy colors, but it has to be done in such a way that it looks good - especially if people have all the lights on music censors and all that.

But I do agree, more room for Halloween I say!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I love and celebrate every holiday, but christmas and halloween are my favorites of course. And halloween is the all time king for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Christmas is big in my house (birthday is Dec.24 ). This the 3rd year back at decorating for Halloween. And it's getting bigger then our Christmas (14 years of Christmas props ) I think it might (halloween ) be my favorite holiday now .Even looking for a hearse now

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like we all enjoy both Holidays equally and the main thing is we all just like to do the decorations.
-Doc

·
Registered
696 Posts
I feel ya OP on this one.... I have so much xmas & halloween decorations, its cluttering my whole baseball storage. its a pain to move around during halloween time with so much xmas stuff in the storage and vise versa

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I love "decorating" for both Halloween and Christmas. Before I started going overboard on Halloween, after Christmas light sales was the thing. I probably have about 250 unused boxes of Christmas lights. Plus about 10 tubs that the lights I use are in.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I have only 1 tote full of christmas stuff so it's not an issue with me. I don't really like christmas anymore. It's so hard for me to get in the spirit. People around here are lazy so everyone just gives $ or gift cards so basically everyone swaps money. It's no fun. I will probably like it more when I have grandchildren or something. But Halloween has always been our families favorite. And if you ask my kids they actually think that Halloween is the main holiday and Christmas comes in second.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I have only 1 tote full of christmas stuff so it's not an issue with me. I don't really like christmas anymore. It's so hard for me to get in the spirit. People around here are lazy so everyone just gives $ or gift cards so basically everyone swaps money. It's no fun. I will probably like it more when I have grandchildren or something. But Halloween has always been our families favorite. And if you ask my kids they actually think that Halloween is the main holiday and Christmas comes in second.
I agree with ya that the gift giving aspect of Christmas sucks...the magic is gone .....that's why I said I love decorating for Christmas..

·
Registered
387 Posts
The magic of christmas is not in the gift giving and how much effort someone else puts into it. It's in the beautiful lights and ornaments. The wreaths. The carols. The cookies. Hot cocoa. I could care less if someone gave me a gift let alone if it was just money or a gift card.

Just like halloween is not about how big the candy bar you get is. Or if it's just a tootsie roll. It's the magic of everything else that makes it halloween and something we all love.

I love "decorating" for both Halloween and Christmas. Before I started going overboard on Halloween, after Christmas light sales was the thing. I probably have about 250 unused boxes of Christmas lights. Plus about 10 tubs that the lights I use are in.
Ah, a scarecrow after my own heart. I am christmas lights crazy. I put no less than 35 to 40 strands of lights on my xmas tree alone. My entire house is covered in lights both indoors and out. I think they're beautiful.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Obviously, you're kids know what's important in life. LOL

Great job at raising them correctly -- their appreciation of Halloween is now a family tradition.

-Doc

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I like Christmas but Halloween is my favorite, for sure.

Since I haven't gotten into large prop building and have a full attic above the house storage isn't a huge issue for us.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts