Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We stopped by yesterday evening to take a peek. We fell in love with the talking Gemmy Skeleton...It has a microphone so its mouth moves to your own words..and can be hooked up to an IPod...pretty cool. We bit...we bought.

Later that night I looked online to see where a buddy in FL could get one (Halloween USA is not in FL)...Needless to say I found the exact same thing at Walmart online for $100 cheaper.

Went back to the store to see if they would at least come close to matching the price...I even offered to split it with them...No cigar.

All I want to say is to be very careful when purchasing from Halloween USA....check the prices elsewhere before you purchase.

Hopefully I can prevent at least one person from feeling like a complete sucker :rolleyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm not sure what you bought...but Halloween USA Arlington TX has a talking skeleton that was less than $100. Most things I saw there were at or below other costs. I bought an led eyes cat there for $14...it was $24 in other places. Big hairy spider...$79, Party City its $99. (note - I have no affiliation or friends there.)

We stopped by yesterday evening to take a peek. We fell in love with the talking Gemmy Skeleton...It has a microphone so its mouth moves to your own words..and can be hooked up to an IPod...pretty cool. We bit...we bought.

Later that night I looked online to see where a buddy in FL could get one (Halloween USA is not in FL)...Needless to say I found the exact same thing at Walmart online for $100 cheaper.

Went back to the store to see if they would at least come close to matching the price...I even offered to split it with them...No cigar.

All I want to say is to be very careful when purchasing from Halloween USA....check the prices elsewhere before you purchase.

Hopefully I can prevent at least one person from feeling like a complete sucker :rolleyes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the talking skeleton from Gemmy:
Halloween USA listed it at $239.00 and Walmart has it for $139.00. The store has a "price matching guarantee...but that only applies to "printed ad" prices.
Don't get me wrong...they have some great stuff I just want to prevent anyone else from getting burned.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know this is an old thread but wanted to point out that Halloween USA is now Halloween city and is owned by party city.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I know this is an old thread but wanted to point out that Halloween USA is now Halloween city and is owned by party city.
We were just driving around yesterday, and in Flint there were BOTH Halloween USA and Halloween City. Although they were closed for the season now. But, I did get some nice things, the days after Halloween, at half the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts