Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one really disappointed with what's on tv this Halloween season? In year's past, I could turn on the tv at any given time of the day or night and be able to find some old horror movie or just some cool halloween show I could watch. This year, none of that exists. Unless I am really into Halloween bake-off shows. Right now, AMC is showing predator followed by predator 2. Syfy, who used to be the king of Halloween TV, is showing I Am Legend. Come on guys, get it together! I like those movies but they have nothing to do with halloween. travel channel used to have weekends to die for, not anymore! One of my favorites was Making Monsters. But, of course it was a show I liked so they had to cancel it. And when did Hocus Pocus become some cult movie?? I swear, they are playing it back to back on abcfamily! We only have a precious few days left before Christmas is shoved down our throats, lets not start slacking on this!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Nope. My wife and I were just having this conversation this morning. I can't believe the lack of Halloween shows this year. Even reruns of Halloween Crazy, Extreme, etc., that normally play on Travel Channel aren't on this week. Even though we've seen them, it's still fun to watch. Especially during Halloween week!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Halloween TV programming has definitely been lame this year. When is Travel Channel going to come up with an updated "Halloween Craziest" episode? We need more of those too.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Last Monday night, when ABC family was supposed to be showing Hocus Pocus, I turned on the tv thinking I'd have it on in the background. First night of the 13 nights of Halloween thing and all, good start to the season, nostalgia, etc.

Instead, I got PAT [redacted] ROBERTSON. Was not pleased.

It definitely seems like they're dropping the programming quality this year. Though I did see a GREAT butterfinger ad last night. Just not quite Halloween without the candy ads.

·
Registered
448 Posts
AMC has been pretty good about playing classic horror movies (Halloween 1 and 2 are on tomorrow night at 7 for those just as excited as me :D) but I am sad to see Travel Channel lacking on Halloween shows

·
Registered
50 Posts
ditto for everything everyone is saying, I was sorely disappointed in the tv lineup ! Netflix also has a poor selection, very sad. I was wanting to watch Pet Sematary and Halloween Season of the Witch haven't seen it anywhere yet ): however I may have missed it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ditto for everything everyone is saying, I was sorely disappointed in the tv lineup ! Netflix also has a poor selection, very sad. I was wanting to watch Pet Sematary and Halloween Season of the Witch haven't seen it anywhere yet ): however I may have missed it.
Season of the Witch was on AMC last night with the Halloween marathon

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Travel Channel has been running the same shows. MOST TERRIFYING PLACES IN AMERICA, and all the HALLOWEEN CRAZY series. I have them all recorded, so I look for something new each year and the only one I found was OUTRAGEOUS HALLOWEEN. I like baking shows like HALLOWEEN WARS and the new one HALLOWEEN BAKING CHAMPIONSHIPS. I'm not a cook, so I enjoy their creativity. Emeril used to have an annual Halloween show, and I was on the ball enough to record these which were pretty good. Another series off the air is AMERICA HAUNTS. You can add nothing new to the AMERICA'S SCARIEST HALLOWEEN ATTRACTIONS series as well. No Martha Stewart special. No Halloween Block Party special. AMC jumped the Halloween pumpkin shark years ago when they changed Monsterfest to Fearfest. They used to have cool games and interactive stuff to keep you interested, and the variety of movies was better. Slyfy seems the same every year to me, just not much worth watching. TCM has nailed it again with a slew of great classics. Last night they ran a special evening of classics from the Disney vault, like THE OLD MILL, FRANKENWEENIE, MR. BOOGEDY, the Witch Mountain movies, LONESOME GHOSTS, THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD, and others. Kudos to TCM once more. Disney runs the Halloweentown movies which are modern day classics, and ABC Family seems to repeat yearly. QVC has lamed out again with no Halloween Spooktakular, and HSN dropped the Haunted House show in favor of their mini-shows.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Add me to the disappointed list. Worst Halloween tv season I can remember.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts