Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Year I made a Halloween tree. I got a $10 tree at a yard sale and spent a lot of time painting it black. Painted and made the ornaments, and topped it off with orange and purple lights. Guests loved it and it's something that will be part of our Halloween display for a very long time to come! I mean why let Christmas have all the fun? Hopefully my pics will show.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Love it! I have really been wanting to make a halloween tree. I love christmas lights and decorating the christmas tree, so a halloween tree is only natural. You said you made your ornaments. Did you take pre-existing ornaments and transform them? Or how did you make them exactly? And like rikki asked, how did you paint it? Spray paint?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! The witch hat I painted with puffy fabric paint. I think this year I'm going to add on to it.
Yes amfatallyyours I took existing "Christmas " ornaments and painted them. Hobby lobby has every color of glass balls you would want so I got green, purple, white, orange and yellow. The white ones I painted like eye balls they are my favorite! I also waited until the Christmas stuff went on sale to I only paid like $2 per box of 6 ornaments. I also made a few and will be adding on this year of course.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Skulkin! I have to ask...are those you're beautiful dogs on you're avatar pic? If so what kind are they?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've made one the past three of four years I'll have to find some of my pictures to post. I'm loving the black paint on the tree though. What was it you used to paint it with?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gothikren I hope you can find those pics I would love to see it!
The tree was just spray painted with a ton of paint. Everyone said that I couldn't do it with spray paint because the lights get too hot. They don't get hot at all. I leave mine on all the time and the lights barely get warm. Some Christmas tree company sells a black artificial tree that's pre lite with orange lights. Of course I saw this after I made mine and about had a heart attack it was around $300!

·
Registered
74 Posts
We're doing a "Happy Helladays" theme this year and we definitely wanted to include a Halloween Tree! I too saw the black tree online for a gazillion dollars!!! So i think we will also end up spray painting our tree.

I am thinking of hanging my parting favors on the tree. little boxes with cookies or a brownie inside. So when each guest leaves, they could just take one.

I think we are also going to do a White Elephant exchange as a game. Of course we need to think of a different name....but they can all put their gifts under the tree when they arrive :)

I love that there is a group of people that enjoys Halloween as much as me ...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I got a 3' black one with orange lights on it last year. I do not have any ornaments yet. One of my many projects in the works in candy cane garland for it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I love the tree. The witch hat as a topper is a great idea, it looks too cute. I have lots of purple and orange led string lights I bought last year that I don't have anything to do with. Maybe they'll go up on a tree!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will try to find the up close pics of the ornaments for you Halloween Princess! I think we all should start doing Halloween trees. Soon it will be the normal thing to see....hahaha Halloween will win! lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
I snagged the last 5' black tree at walmart after christmas clearance last year, $7,was the display, going to switch out the clear lights and alternate black and orange bulbs.
Also picked up black and orange bulbs and I'm sure other decorations won't be to hard to find/make.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts