Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone do a Halloween Tree during Halloween?
I am thinking about doing one....any tips or ideas is appreciated! Thanks.
:)

Here are a few ideas I have, so far....

halloweenie1-albums-halloween-ideas-projects-beyond-picture123524-witch-hat-tree.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought my 6ft black tree from Wal-Mart for $45. It has white lights on it. I added orange lights and I turn both colors on. I used a witches hat for my topper. I just love it! I'm debating changing my ribbon colors out this year. My Micheal's is sold out of the black and white stripped ribbon again that I love so much.

Oh, I love Pier 1's ornaments.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I finally got a black Halloween tree 2 years ago after wanting one for years. My husband bought it for me for my birthday..although I picked it out.:) I ordered it online. It is 7.5 ft and was pre-lit with white lights. I was actually worried about the white and thought I would need to put orange on, but on my tree, the white was more of a warm white and with all the black and orange on the tree, it looks lovely (to me, anyway).
I shop the ornament sales at Michael's and Hobby Lobby (and after Christmas sales) for orange ball ornaments. Over the years I had collected ornaments from our travels (Salem Mass., Sleepy Hollow, Disneyland etc...) and used to hang them from my chandelier until I got my tree. I love unpacking them each year and remembering the fun trips.
I made the ruffled tree skirt from a tutorial I found on HGTV.com for a cream-colored Christmas tree skirt. I just substituted the orange and black fabric for the cream. It is not expensive, and it is easy (tedious, but easy).:)
The topper is made from the plain paper mache witch's hats from MIchael's. I just used scrapbook paper, glitter, tulle and a bat to jazz it up.
I hope you do get yourself a black tree. I actually love mine as much (or more) than my Christmas trees.

IMG_0113.jpg

DSCF3320.jpg

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my 6ft black tree from Wal-Mart for $45. It has white lights on it. I added orange lights and I turn both colors on. I used a witches hat for my topper. I just love it! I'm debating changing my ribbon colors out this year. My Micheal's is sold out of the black and white stripped ribbon again that I love so much.

Oh, I love Pier 1's ornaments.
I am looking for a tree as we speak. Black seems to be the popular. Micheals is pretty great for ribbon & decor, I have been looking....I didn't know Pier One carried Halloween ornaments. I will have to check it out, Thanks for posting! :D

I finally got a black Halloween tree 2 years ago after wanting one for years. My husband bought it for me for my birthday..although I picked it out.:) ....I shop the ornament sales at Michael's and Hobby Lobby (and after Christmas sales) for orange ball ornaments. Over the years I had collected ornaments from our travels (Salem Mass., Sleepy Hollow, Disneyland etc...) and used to hang them from my chandelier until I got my tree. I love unpacking them each year and remembering the fun trips.
I made the ruffled tree skirt from a tutorial I found on HGTV.com for a cream-colored Christmas tree skirt. I just substituted the orange and black fabric for the cream. It is not expensive, and it is easy (tedious, but easy).:)
The topper is made from the plain paper mache witch's hats from MIchael's. I just used scrapbook paper, glitter, tulle and a bat to jazz it up.
I hope you do get yourself a black tree. I actually love mine as much (or more) than my Christmas trees.

View attachment 165149

View attachment 165148
AWESOME tree! You did a great job on it...love it. The ruffled tree skirt is really cute! I like your idea about hanging ornaments on your chandelier too, what a great idea... Thanks for posting! :)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Garden Ridge sells black trees AND brite orange ones! I think they were around 70-80 dollars and were nice full ones.

·
Registered
349 Posts
AWESOME tree! You did a great job on it...love it. The ruffled tree skirt is really cute! I like your idea about hanging ornaments on your chandelier too, what a great idea... Thanks for posting!

Thanks H1! I found a picture of my chandelier from before I got the black tree...it was a great way to enjoy my ornaments without a tree. :)

100_1757.jpg

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Garden Ridge sells black trees AND brite orange ones! I think they were around 70-80 dollars and were nice full ones.
Thanks for posting! Sounds awesome & great price! :)

AWESOME tree! You did a great job on it...love it. The ruffled tree skirt is really cute! I like your idea about hanging ornaments on your chandelier too, what a great idea... Thanks for posting!

Thanks H1! I found a picture of my chandelier from before I got the black tree...it was a great way to enjoy my ornaments without a tree. :)

View attachment 165967

PRETTY! I love it...such a great idea. Thanks for posting! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts