Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hoping to tap into everyone's experience and get some tips & thoughts. I am working on finishing up a part of my display for this year; it's going to be a tree, we have it framed with wood and then chicken wire to give it the form we want. It's almost 11 feet tall. After we framed & formed the tree, for the next part of "filling it in", I had initially planned to coat the paper in Drylock and then place it on the tree. In theory it worked, but during the execution, the paper started to tear & started blobbing off of the tree. So I switched back paper mache glue and I'm slowly making my way. I was thinking about possibly changing to cloth instead of paper and try using Drylock again, but then I started thinking, what if I just dipped the cloth directly into my monster mud and make sure it's completely coated and then placed it over the tree and added as I went. I've worked with Monster Mud, but it's only been for headstones, columns, mausoleum..stuff like that.

Any tips/thoughts on cloth vs paper and about maybe just going straight to the monster mud?

Thanks in advance everyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts