Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes you stalk the grocery stores, gourmet stores, convenience stores, and general retailers looking for that ultimate sign the fall/Halloween season has arrived?

I love seeing anything with pumpkins on the label and I did see Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Spice Milanos last week! They probably aren't my favorite seasonal treat but I loved seeing them just the same.

I have to say, I have a real weakness for PS Hershey Kisses. They are fantastic for baking with! And of course, Reeses Pumpkins can't be beat. But I have to say, what really signifies the season is the sight of candy corn and mellowcreme pumpkins! They are just so classic!

So, what fall/Halloween treat does it for you?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm the same with pumpkin flavored things. They can be hit or miss, but when they're a hit I'll stock up on them.

Two of the most nostalgic Halloween treats for me are popcorn balls and caramel apples.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
For me, mulled cider is liquid Halloween.

Pour pure apple cider in a crockpot.
Sprinkle in 2 teaspoons of Ceylon cinnamon (don't use sticks, get the good stuff).
Clove the entire surface of one orange with about 50 cloves. Slice the orange into about 3 pieces. Add to crockpot.
Keep on low for three hours, remove lid, scent entire house, drink in Halloween-appropriate mugs.

Repeat every night in October that is feasible.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I think it's Russell Stover candies that make them, but they are the individually packaged chocolate covered pumpkins that have a marshmallow or caramel/marshmallow filling. Oh, I like those! I only eat a couple a season, but they are a nice little treat!

I also like the Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins too. Something about the pumpkin shape just makes me happy! :eek:

Also for fall, I find myself wanting to eat more apple-type things, so I make apple cinnamon muffins a good bit, or pumpkin pecan bread. I'm also a huge fan of apple cider (pasteurized!) and we tend to buy that pretty often as it gets a little cooler outside.

Madam Leota - I believe I made a pumpkin spice fudge one year when that flavor of Hershey kisses came out! I found the recipe online, so I'm sure it's on Pinterest or you can google it. You use a lot of the kisses & some condensed milk, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I love Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins only ones big shop stocks them near me so don't have them very often :eek:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Reading some of the other responses, I remembered something really great - Target's grocery brand, Market Pantry, makes these AWESOME pumpkin cheesecake sandwich cookies! I can't believe I forgot about them - they are really, really good. I bought them on a whim for the first time to have for a playdate gathering (thought the other moms would like them), and I ate like 6 with my coffee and then started hoping that the rest wouldn't get eaten so I could have them ALL TO MYSELF! Mwah ha ha ha ha!

Check out this fun junk food reviewer talking about them - there's pictures too:
http://www.junkfoodguy.com/2013/09/...cheesecake-cremecookies/#sthash.Vrmyoq0u.dpbs

I hope they have them again this year!

·
Registered
129 Posts
In general I love candy so Halloween is always a good thing for me :) But I love a Pumpkin Spice Latte and Apple Cider. Sometimes we add a little apple pie moonshne to the apple cider and it is pretty yummy.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I used to look forward to pumpkin spice coffees but recently discovered I can mix my own whenever I want. I put any coffee,creamer,flavoring,splenda,coconut oil and butter into a blender and it whips into a frothy cappachino!

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
PUMPKIN DELIGHTS!!!
Just looking at that box makes me have a craving. I'm also a HUGE fan of the black and orange peanut butter kisses!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Does anyone know when Starbucks is bringing back the pumpkin spice lattes? I haven't had one in a few years but they are good. I tried the Starbucks mix they sold in stores last year and it just wasn't the same.

·
Registered
716 Posts
for me, its pumpkin iced coffee. I get them 3-4 times a week before work. Needless to say, I spend a ton of money at dunkin donut in October :D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts