Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Never thought twice of Halloween thieves until they stole some of my decorations. I told myself "I'm going to sit in my tree with a paintball gun full of marbles and guard my house next Halloween." So when it ever happens again... POW POW POW!! WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!?!!! "Oh Gawd!! Oh Gawd!! IM SORRY! Dx" .... That'll learn um.. lol

But on a serious note... has this ever happened to you?

P.S. I'm new, hey everybody :D

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Not yet, but i dont put everything out untill the big day for this very reason.I would hate to have it happen to me even one time, because i dont want to ever make it where i dont want to do it anymore. I absolutely love your idea of a paintball gun filled with marbles. One good shot with my Tippman pro lite and they would never want to steal again ...ever.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Welcome to the board, TheHallowed!
I had about 15 pumpkns taken from our Peanuts Great Pumpkn display one year. I set up a pumpkin attached to an alarm on the front steps afterwards, but it was never disturbed.
We have some large props to put out for the first time this year, but my wife is already worrying someone will take them...

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Hi - welcome to the forum. Please feel free to introduce yourself in the Members Introduction section.

I've become paranoid in my later years - we put stuff out later, and stake the heck out of everything that remains outside. Anything worth any money gets brought in each night.

Here's to a safe, anti-theft successful Halloween!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I never set up untill holloween not afriad of them getting stolen but of getting broken from supid children
p.s. paintballs in the top of the head hurt enough

·
Registered
189 Posts
Had 1 gravestone stolen last year, chased the little bastards but they got away.
This year I have a "wrist rocket" slingshot and a pail of rocks. If these little pricks try this year they get a free visit to the emergency room.

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
We've had some theft in our neighbourhood this past summer. This was silly things too, lawnchairs and stuff. If they couldn't resist the temptation of a lawn chair (?!), how will they resist something cool like a prop? For this reason I also have opted to hold off on putting my decorations up until Halloween day or the eve before which really sucks. I look forward to setting up every year. :(

Stealth you mention stupid children? That seems kind of harsh after all Halloween is in a lot of ways for them...

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's funny cuz my x-mas stuff was stolen and since i pour alot of money on halloween i have a no traspass sign on my door. and everyone seems to think its part of my display lol. but i wait at least 2 weeks before the d-day

·
Registered
204 Posts
yep last year got 3 grave stones taken but next day saw 2 houses down set up in their halloween stuff yep there were my grave stones i approached them they called me a lair they called the cops and they said can you prove it i said yes sir my name and address is carved on the very bottom BUSTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd lol im in a new place now and i have had to watch closely

·
Ghouls Rule
2,638 Posts
yep last year got 3 grave stones taken but next day saw 2 houses down set up in their halloween stuff yep there were my grave stones i approached them they called me a lair they called the cops and they said can you prove it i said yes sir my name and address is carved on the very bottom BUSTEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd lol im in a new place now and i have had to watch closely
thats actually a very good idea, carving your name or address, probably name is best. But you can have on there, if found/bought this is stolen property please send to this address; (your address) and call police with any info on thieves. Maybe too much to carve but I would try, lol.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
PLEASE say they were arrested.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think! I say "think" because I once had a Freddy K mask dissapear from my front yard display one year and believe someone actually come to my door wearing it. I only knew this because I was just coming home from taking my young son out Trick or Treating and I saw a large group of kids hanging around my props and looked to up to no good. My wife said a few from that group came up to the door and one was Freddy minus his hat. I went out to check and sure enough the hat was left at the display but the mark was off the dummy. I assumed they were the thieves. errrrr.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Cameras Cameras CAMERAS!!!

They work!

no wireless

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Zombie, now that takes some cajones to not only STEAL your mask, but turn around and trick or treat you with it!!!!!! Little $hits.

Moonie, your story rocks!!! I love it!! :D

I have never had theft just my sons own idiot friends that mess with my stuff, and screw it up, or break things, etc...which pisses me off just as much!

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's called Super Soaker. Wet and cold, those stealers will be crying, and there parents will be like why are you wet? It's because you were stealing, you jerks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the super soaker idea. Kids randomly walking around soaked at midnight would be really suspicious to their parents.
I hate that kids do this. I'm a teenager myself, and I think it's disgusting that kids my age do it. It's like, don't you have anything better to do? Get a hobby or something.....
I'm worried this year because we had some kids steal our flag and flagpole that was mounted to the front porch. I could see the flag, but the flagpole? They didn't steal the holder, just the pole and flag. I'm still confused about that one.
So I probably won't be putting anything valuable out until later.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts