Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen any unique or at least good ones anywhere? I have a Haunted Mansion candelabra, need something eye-catching to go in it. Tried Michael's but they just had sort of glittery black.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I did see some beautiful tapers at Marshall's Home Goods this year. Some that looked like stacked skulls, some that looked a bit like a Day Of the Dead bride & groom, and a few more. You might want to check out the Home Goods post for this year - someone may have posted pictures there. I liked the look of them but didn't have a need for any so I passed on them.

Today I bought some 25 cent red tapers at a thrift store. I plan to drip them onto white pillar candles to simulate blood-dripping candles. So if you can't find anything you like, there's always an option like that. Also, if you can find white tapers, use a black sharpie and draw on some spiderwebs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yankee Candle sells tapers called Dreadful Drips. They are white tapers but they drip red wax so it looks like they are bleeding. So freaking cool looking while lit and then afterwards for display, too.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,826 Posts
Home Goods has some that are shaped candles. I've seen witches, skellys, vampires, Frankenstein, etc. I bought the witches & have some skellys & ghosts already. They may even have bleeding candles too.

I'm not a big glitter person but I bought 2 black candles that have about a 1" band of larger glitter near the bottom for some large candlesticks I got at HG that have all sorts of weird misshapen faces on them (there's a pic in the HG thread). The witches & other shaped candles I had didn't seem to work, the sticks are pretty busy & didn't need the candles fighting with them, so I got the black glittered ones at Michaels & they work. If I get bored with those I've got some regular red tapers too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My girlfriend actually makes custom ones if your still looking. She makes a lot of scary stories candles but can also do custom. She's on etsy her names is *****esluvstitches if your having trouble find the ones you want

·
Registered
97 Posts
@vampkat that's awesome. Small world indeed. Shoot her a message and she can quote you for ones your looking for. Mention your on the forum with me and she'll probably give you something free lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
I actually need to make a trip to Goodwill soon to buy some tapers. I had a bunch of red ones, but I learned my lesson that I cannot store candles in the garage anymore. They melt in the summer. I lost a lot of candles last year. I like going to Goodwill and getting random tapers, nothing fancy. The randomness, I feel, better reflects what might actually be in a witch's lair or vampire's castle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts