Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - part of this is going to tie into another thread on gonna start, in relation to your experiences / change of attitude in the UK.... so the start of the posts will be the same! Just read on....

I usually start the "Halloween in the UK" thread, but someone beat me to it in the last couple of years, so this is my contribution this time around! This thread can also contribute to the facet we have had a change of heart on Halloween recently, love to hear your stories too.

MY buddy, OMGDan, and I always put on a haunt. Each year gets bigger and better, with last year we made a sort of walk though haunt in the front yard of a friends house (we typically do a different house each year, so to spread the hallows love) Ill post pics of it when I find them.

So last year was the first time we stuck to the same house two years in a row. The first year at this new house (of of our best friends girlfriends house) was a success. ITs a big house in a nice area, and people didnt see us coming. Soon, word of mouth got around that there was some guys doing "something big" at this house.... and the night was full of TOT's .... we even got some TOT's from areas of our previous haunts, coming to see us when they realized our new location! It was tiring, but fun.

Every year, its awesome to hear that the houses we do the haunts at (family and friends houses) always get people thought the next few months, and the months leading to the next Halloween, asking if we will be back.... 2013 was no exception, so for once, we decided to return to the same house in 2014.

But it kind bombed.

It was our biggest and best yet. I put A LOT of effort into the day, but we didn't get too many visitors. Don't know why. It was very odd.

So this thread is to ask this...... after last years disheartening, in a kind of rage, we threw out loads of decorations and props we gathered over the years, saying "we're too old" (now 28) and "its time to let someone else try" and vowed not to do a haunt this year.

So does anyone have any plans other than haunts? We've always dreamed of a big get together of like minded people, dressed up, having fun...maybe a mass street crawl of terror topped off by a great party! Any ideas?

What are YOU doing this year ? Everyone feel free to chip in on this thread, its just that we are in the Manchester area!

·
Registered
429 Posts
There is usually a Zombie walk in Manchester at some point, no clue when though.

Why not get in touch with a youth group and see if they would be interested in helping/hosting something. Loads of indoor space and loads of helpers making props and being haunters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts