Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question to all of you experienced haunters! Do you mix themes together? I love Carnevil but also want to do part Scary Fairy Tales, has anyone done this? How can I include clowns, popcorn, fairy floss etc with Fairy Tales???? As we are just getting into Halloween over here I've never actually been to a haunt just get ideas :( - Sad I know -

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Have you ever watched the movie "Freakshow" ? Made in 2007 also one in 1989. One of the wildest movies around, but you want to look at some of the background effects during the movie. Could give you some ideas.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
what kind of fairy tales were you wanting to include? like grimms fairy tales, the more disney side them, just so I can get a picture in my head.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hello! I think for the most part, if you love something & it speaks to you, you can find a way to mix just about anything together! That said, there are a few different ways people do things. Sometimes they change themes every year - so clowns one year, scary tales the next, maybe pirates or witches or zombies after that. Other people keep the same theme year after year and add or take things away (this is pretty much what we do). But, I think there's also a way to do both - if you can't find a way to truly mix the themes, maybe you can set up stalls or areas that have different themes. If you had a yard to decorate, maybe you enter on the left and it's all decorated with clowns. Then in the center, you have a path going through a spooky little wooded area with lit pumpkins to transition, then the path continues to the right and it's scary tales. Or you could literally set up some screen houses or tented gazebos and decorate each one with a different theme.

Be sure to look through the threads here in the Party section for ideas on Scary Tales as well as Carnevil, once you decide what you want to do. There's some really fantastic inspiration all over this forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts