Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attended a large theme park Halloween show? Although this one's at the opposite end of the country for me, apparently Canada's Wonderland in Toronto has a huge Halloween Haunt. Never been to one myself but looks like a large number of attractions and numerous scare zones including a Carnevil and a Steampunk zone. Looks like most of the attractions are aimed at the 13 years old plus although during the day they do have less scary options like Camp Snoopy. There are also several live shows including 10 mazes, acrobatic acts, fire displays and a mind reader. Just based on the website, it looks like lots of activities and a full spectrum of haunting. The site is

www.canadaswonderland.com/things-to-do/halloween-haunt

Clowns Horrifying-Mazes_icon2.jpg mysterion_icon.jpg hannibal2_jobs_icon.jpg

ZOMBIE4D_header41.jpg

Admission tickets were also listed on the Canadian Costco website.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Last year my husband and I went to Knott's Scary Farm. It's about 800 miles away so we flew and spent a couple days down there. Because I had never been to one before and didn't know if I'd ever go to one again I splurged and bought the passes that allow you to skip the lines, the dinner before that allows you to get in the park early, and the extra ticket to do the interactive maze. It was expensive but we had a good time. I don't scare easily and was never scared during any of the mazes but I did get startled twice (but didn't scream). Once was when someone was in one of those camo suits that looks like foliage and they blended into the wall really well and jumped out and the other time was when someone rolled out from under the bed on one of those things that you lay on to work on your car (is it called a creeper?). The passes to skip the lines were worth every penny I thought. I would go again or maybe to a different one but not every year, it's too far away and too expensive for me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I love going to Valleyfair in Shakopee, MN for ValleyScare. They close down most of the rides and have a great number of some seriously scary mazes. They also keep some of the best rides running, including the big roller coasters and other popular thrill rides. I'm a huge ride fan, so this is like heaven for me. The only thing is it gets stupid cold at night, and the lines are gross. The next time I go, I'm going earlier to get in the rides before sunset, then focusing on the mazes.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
I'm going to Scarywood here in northern Idaho on Halloween night. I'm pretty excited, I've never been to a theme park, haunted attraction, or ridden a roller coaster, ever.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I am a huge, HUGE roller coaster fan. Before I had kids, I belonged to ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts) and I've been to theme parks all around the country to ride them. That said, I'm totally a chicken and I stay away from scary Halloween theme park events even though I live around a lot of them. :eek:

For years I have gone to Knoebel's Amusement Park in PA for a fall festival & coaster event they have though. We are going this coming weekend and I'm really excited. They do have a haunted house but it's more of a dark ride. In fact, it's consistently voted the best Dark Ride in the industry pretty much every year. I have actually been in it! They also have antique cars that you drive on a track and for the festival, the employees make it into a scary ride, and it will only run at dark. Sometimes the employees will catch a ride on the back of your car and scare the you-know-what out of you! They also have a fantastically long train ride that goes through the woods & even through parts of the Knoebels campground. It's really neat because most of the campsites are decorated too - people stake out their spot a year in advance! The train ride is family friendly, but the antique cars are more PG13.

Knoebel's also has my most favorite roller coaster EVER - the wooden Phoenix! For anyone who thinks they hate wooden coasters, I dare you to ride Phoenix and not fall in love! It is NOT jarring in the same way many woodies can be, and you get SO MUCH air time that you practically HAVE to hold on! I'm so excited! Last year I was 9 months pregnant during the festival and we couldn't go that far away from home. This year I plan to make up for it!

And yes - the coasters at Cedar Point ARE awesome, totally agree with that statement! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts