Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone designed or done a halloween themed escape room. Had a haunted house in my garage for 7 years and had to stop for many reasons, mostly because my helpers backed out, but I have a ton of haunting ideas.

This year I was thinking of making an escape room using the props I have.

Could use some ideas.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Escape room? Our garage has been converted into a crypt for over a decade - sometimes providing us with an eerie place to chill in the days leading up to the party.
Themes? Was always thinking an "Aliens/HR Giger" room would be different but also a challenge. Or a cool blue meat locker room with bodies frozen in place lining the walls.

-r

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ah. Yes that is a new one on me and sounds a bit complicated. Sorry I could not offer ideas. Possibly the web has many sites based on escape room themes. Or maybe an episode of CSI would give you an idea....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: We figured we didn't have enough time t build a room so we are going to build a futuristic explosive devices with panels on it with puzzles to be solved. i.e. last panel will be in fuse box with wires to be "cut" in certain order to diffuse device. To get into box you have to solve a puzzle to get key. The device is a bomb like device ( bomb is so politically correct ) with blue glowing tubes, pvc pipes, computer monitor, wires, etc.

Another, on the bomb puzzle will use snap circuits ( kids circuits ) to complete a circuit to reveal a number on LED Display. Husband designed and sells these displays for pinball machines so it is convenient. Will also use one of these to count down.

Puzzles will be electronically controlled with arduino so they have to keep to correct order and to control displays and lights.

As puzzle progresses, lights will appear on bomb, smoke ( fog ) will start to come out, and towards the end it will start ticking. If we have enough time we will make it rummble ( move on its own ). If they don't solve in time, alarm and lights will sound and confetti will be spewed from top.

There will be puzzles around the room to solve to ultimately solve the puzzles on bomb. We may handcuff a friend to bomb for added amusement. we have handcuffs designed to train you to pick them ( they are open so you can see mechanism ) we may give him instructions to keep him busy until friends find key.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Looking for ideas on design on bomb outside to be futuristic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts