Halloween Forum banner

Halloween @ Target 2009 - with pics!

35459 188
Here's just a taste of what's in store at your local Target, with more pics on the way :D

Now that back-to-school is being condensed, Halloween can commence!!

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
How about a magic trick?
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Final set of pics from Target: Halloween 2009

Well, I hope that everyone has enjoyed the pics from Target for this year's Halloween, as I uploaded and posted well over 100 pics :D
If I do see anything new, I will be more than happy to share them with everyone here!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
The Real Joker: Thanks again for posting all these photos! While I can't get too much, what with moving to a new dorm room/small apartment at least once a year, I was able to pick up some of those mini-gargoyles, some of the plates, the (addicting) chocolate-covered novelty candy corn, and a couple Skeleanimals. Your photos really helped me decide where I could splurge and what could feasibly fit in my room.

·
How about a magic trick?
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
The Real Joker: Thanks again for posting all these photos! While I can't get too much, what with moving to a new dorm room/small apartment at least once a year, I was able to pick up some of those mini-gargoyles, some of the plates, the (addicting) chocolate-covered novelty candy corn, and a couple Skeleanimals. Your photos really helped me decide where I could splurge and what could feasibly fit in my room.
You're more than welcome!
I too am moving very soon, so no splurging on Halloween this year unfortunately :( As I already spent alot on my costume plus I have a few more items I need to purchase to complete it!
So anyway, I'm glad that the pics helped :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think everyone has bought most of what they need and now are working on final projects and set up. It gets quiet around this time of year. Expect last minute questions and then after halloween people will start posting pics of their haunt and how things went.
Wow, they are in a rush. I haven't been to a Wal-Mart that was fully stocked yet, I haven't been to Meijer, Pumpkin and Ghost cookies at bakery because they aren't out yet, Dominicks for Chocolate Caramel Apple Taffies, Jewel doesn't have much stuff yet, haven't been to Metro, Jo-Anne's for Caramel Apple Pops if they have them, another party place, a farm place that carries decorations, and Lowe's. I need to go back to a party store because they weren't fully set up also. And Walgreens I'm waiting for either coupons or buy 1, get 1 50% for the thing I want. Well, Menards I'm waiting for lights on sale too. I might check out another Goodwill too because they say it starts Oct 1, and they give you a coupon for that stuff at the store.

The places I'm not going back to either because I got something, or they don't have nothing are Let's Celebrate, Party City, Factory Card Outlet, Big Lots (I went to one, and might go to another one, but don't expect much difference.), Kmart, most likely Target (been, I think it was mostly setup), Spirit, and Michaels. Dollar Tree is a maybe for more gummies.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think everyone has bought most of what they need and now are working on final projects and set up. It gets quiet around this time of year. Expect last minute questions and then after halloween people will start posting pics of their haunt and how things went.

Yep- that's me. I think I'm finished buying except for last minute stuff.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
In case I haven't said anything before now, many thanks The Real Joker. My Targets were really late in setting up, like weeks after you posted things, and the photos really helped let me know what I wanted to wait for to get from there. I've posted pics too from my shopping trips and I know it is time consuming to do ;) so very much appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
the real joker was a great help!
if anyone spots the following at target please post it here:
themed softsoap dispensers (not the with and pumpkin ones that look like the toothpaste)
dish scrubbies
themed gladware/baggies/plastic wrap
themed dixie paper dishes and cups

thanks!

·
Registered
497 Posts
the real joker was a great help!
if anyone spots the following at target please post it here:
themed softsoap dispensers (not the with and pumpkin ones that look like the toothpaste)
dish scrubbies
themed gladware/baggies/plastic wrap
themed dixie paper dishes and cups

thanks!

My local Dollar Tree had the Halloween themed zip loc baggies.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
My local Dollar Tree had the Halloween themed zip loc baggies.

I bought a few packs of these for this year and next at Dollar Tree. I don't remember seeing them at other stores. I liked the size/shape of them better than last year's Dollar Tree zip bags. Instead of being kind of square like the typical sandwich baggie (last year's style), they are more narrow and tall. Perfect too if you want to include a lollipop. I bought bags with black spider webs on them and pumpkins (don't know if there were other varieties). They're 40 count and measure appx. 3-3/4 inches wide by 6-1/2 inches tall. So 40 bags for $1.

I actually set up all my treat bags already with the exception of lollipops which I still have to buy. Last year I wasn't ready for the number of ToTers and was scrambling at the last minute and really felt so pressured didn't enjoy handing candy out. I'm probably the first here to have their bags together but I'm going to be ready. :D Last year we handed out about 120 so I'm planning for that many and will have extra to throw together if need be. Since Halloween last year was on a Friday, I'm thinking the traffic might be about the same again.

This year we're handing out bags with 3 midgies (Toostie rolls), 2 Smarties, 2 of the snack size of candy bars (this was a bag with Reeses', Almond Joy, Hershey, Whoppers, can't remember the rest). I'll be adding a lollipop to them too. I've grown tired of all chocolate so like to mix it up.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I finally had the opportunity to go back to target and they didn't get any bubble foggers, i was so bummed. i really liked some of the stuff there but nothing i would buy for myself. they didn't even have the pop up ghoul thing i saw posted here. Guess i will have to order it from the website. I did take a pic of these cute halloween themed nutcrackers I will have to boot it up later.

edit: i ordered the fogger online, they jacked the price up $10. target is pissing me off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I finally had the opportunity to go back to target and they didn't get any bubble foggers, i was so bummed. i really liked some of the stuff there but nothing i would buy for myself. they didn't even have the pop up ghoul thing i saw posted here. Guess i will have to order it from the website. I did take a pic of these cute halloween themed nutcrackers I will have to boot it up later.

edit: i ordered the fogger online, they jacked the price up $10. target is pissing me off.
my targets had the bubble/fogger combo for 49.99

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just might need to re-visit my local Target. They had a few good items and the display set up was exactly like Jokers pictures except it was only about half full of what that picture showed. Not sure if they didn't have it out yet, didn't anticipate getting anything else or already sold out. Worth a 2nd look though as they were one of the few stores that had anything of interest to me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My Target FINALLY had out the themed softsoap (more like the skelanimlas thems one has candy and pne has pimpkins) the dixi plates annd cups and the hefty baggies...still no spookey collection from Glad but who knows we still may see it!

161 - 180 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.