Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my feince found halloween stuff in the oddest place of all..... Wallgreens!!! they had 3 isles of stuff! Going back tonight to pick up stuff to put in the hall outside my appartment! Also we are going to go check out the spookie town in yonkers, ny. God i hope that they have good stuff this year!:rolleyes: I recomend that everyone check out the drug stores this year they seem to be better then Wallmart and Target!

Ok off to talk to the supper to see if i can replace the lights in the hall with black lights.... god i hope this works. lol

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I've been to I don't know how many Walgreens stores, mainly in search of the jack-in-the-box that others have talked about on this site, but can't find the blasted thing. They do have some other pretty cool items this year, but not as many as they did last year, in my opinion; I did pick up a nice Gothic jewelry set for just $7, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've noticed that even Walgreen's has some better and cheaper stuff than even the specialty shop that I frequent. Makeup seems to last longer and look better from there than Wal-Mart too, jmo.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,298 Posts
Walgreens has always carried a ton of Halloween stuff. ;)

Glad you've just discovered it!:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well it's new to me because we just got a Walgreens last year, and I'd never been to one because who knew they carried all that kind of stuff?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,298 Posts
http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/78138-first-halloween-sighting-stores.html

There are TONS of stores and lots and lots of pics of all the goodies. (Walgreens is my fave, tho. Cheap, and lots of stuff you wouldn't think a small store like them would carry)

I think there are individual threads that branched off about Target and the like.

Hey, I just discovered new stores this year from seeing the others post. (bad, bad thing too, since I already spend too much :eek: )

·
Registered
33 Posts
Frankie's Girl, I feel like you and I sniped this thread, but it is all noteworthy. I completely understand spending too much. I keep everything from year to year, and it's nothing to spend double what I did the year before. I'm looking into getting my own Haunted House together but for now I'll have to stick with using the building I'm in and letting them reap the benefits.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looing at all the post, and you know what it seems like i opened a can of worms. lol which is a prop for halloween for me. lol. But u know what to me halloween is something that i look at as it is a eeryday thing. I know that sonds crazy, but that is just me. And the more i read it seems to be the same with others. Halloween is what ever the person makes of it. The more you are into it te more you will do to show how much u love it. Evilpenny, go fo that haunted house heck i am looking to start my own zombie walk. It is people like us that make it all the better for those that don't care as much but care enoughf to go to a party or a few in that mth. of Oct. We even make it better for ourselfs. With out people like all of you guys, i would have nothing to look foward to each year!

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOLwhen my other half came home this morring and said she found 3 isles of stuff i was shocked! I told her that we are taking a feild trip tonight when it is later since they are 24 hrs. The crowds are a nightmare in NY! so we can take our time and get al that we need.

ALL HAIL WALLGREENS!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
When I checked Walgreen's a few weeks ago to see all the stuff, I was surprised at seeing things there that other stores don't have. I was also surprised that the animated items with recorded voices were surprisingly loud and better quality than the tinny sounding props.

I thought to myself, "How could I hack these...?"

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Sounds like i better make a trip to walgreens, got one only a few blocks away,just never knew they carried halloween stuff.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I also couldnt believe the stuff walgreens had for halloween. I got 2 big tomb stones for 2 for $10, a skeleton guy also $10 and orange and purple lights.Spent about $45 and will be going back for more........... Bennys has a lot of stuff too. Seen setters for $12!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the tip, people! We have a Walgreens pretty close by but I rarely go there - sounds like I should check them out. I could definitely use a few more tombstones!!

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I went to Walgreens several weeks ago after reading about their stuff here and found the hanging bat, and the three grave busters. They are cool.

Dollar General also has some good stuff this year. They have dismembered arms and feet complete with the shirt or pants leg for $5 each and some cool grave busters for $10 each. They are like the ones at Walgreens, but will give you another look of the dead to use. I am going to pick up a couple of them to go in the graveyard.

Our Family Dollar also has some pretty good stuff.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I got these Vampire Bats at Walgreens, they are three feet long and their eyes go in and out in red light. Love Walgreens!! They even have a hook to hang upside down:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had been looking for a decent skull to use for weeks when I finally found a great one at Walgreens! Without realizing it, I found it again at Big lots. Walgreens price? $5.99....Big Lots? $8.99! :mad: What a rip from BL, and they are supposed to be "reasonable".

Happy to have found my skull though! Gives me one for playing/creating new things and the other for display.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I went to Walgreens right after Halloween last year, and got the tombstones super cheap, and they are already cheap! They have some pretty decent stuff, not a huge seleection, but I always find something...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts