Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've been here. I miss you guys and reading everything that you post here.

I'm sad to say that my HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS, PROPS, AND LIGHTING STUFF ARE GOING UP FOR SALE ON 09/28/2013.

They'll be part of a Yard Sale to benefit the National MS Society. All the money we raise that morning will be given to them as a donation.

If you'd like to see what I currently have to sell you can go to:

https://squareup.com/market/tiki-night-for-ms

Keep in mind this list of items will continue to grow with more stuff as I get them out of storage for this weekend's sale. I'm also still wrangling more of my Halloween stuff from my Ex, but that's taking time. Once I get them back though, they too, will be up for sale.

I'd rather these items go to you guys. You know how to take care of them. You know how to use them to "home hack" them into wonderful Halloween experiences for all. So please, if you you're in the area, have the time to drop by, I'd appreciate it. These things have meant a lot to me over the years and I'll feel better if you guys get them. Besides, it's all in the name of raising funds for the National MS Society.

YARD SALE!
Saturday, September 28, 2013
7am - Noon

11126 Huston Street
North Hollywood, CA 91601

(BTW... this isn't my ACTUAL address as this is the complex I live at. I'm deeeeep inside there. We're setting up on the complex front lawn).

Make sure you find me to say hello and that you're a fellow HALLOWEEN FORUM friend!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Too bad that you are getting rid of all of your items, but it is a great cause that you are doing it for, at least. Good luck with the sale, SKYPP.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Garthgoyle. I still do love Halloween. I just can't store any more items in my apartment, and I'm at a point in my life where less is more. So I'm okay sacrificing everything I have in order to help the National MS Society. I have many friends and co-workers that have it and seeing it's destruction at work has really gotten to me in the last few years.

I just hope a serious Home Haunter will take these items and care for them as much as I've cared for them.

Too bad that you are getting rid of all of your items, but it is a great cause that you are doing it for, at least. Good luck with the sale, SKYPP.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bethene -

Name a price that you'd be willing to pay for it, and I'll get it shipped out to you. 2 Day shipping is about $16 I think... You'd need to add that. When I bought it it was.. like.. $19.99 so I'll let you decide if this is worth it or not. If you're interested in doing this I'll enable the the item for payment, get it packed up, and input your information to National MS Society so you get a tax deductible receipt for the item minus the shipping.

that sea witch picture is cool,,, too bad I am on the other side of the county!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tonight I got the rest of the stuff (save for some small things he wanted) from the ex. I've catalogued the items at https://squareup.com/market/tiki-night-for-ms so you can see if you want to drop by and grab any of them. NO OFFER IS TOO SMALL. The goal is to raise funds for the MS Society but to also make sure these items are no linger in my possession. I just don't have the room for it.

Please come by if you're in North Hollywood, CA! 11126 Huston Street, North Hollywood, CA.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ANY price. Since folks here know the intrinsic value of these items, I'm going to leave it to you to come up with a fair and honest price. Again, this is for the National MS Society. I'll have to see how much the shipping is going to cost depending on what I'm sending you. I'd ship it two day with tracking and insurance (I think standard insurance included with shipping is $100).

The yard sale is this coming Saturday morning, so private message me if you're still interested before then. Otherwise, they go to whoever buys them on Saturday morning. Just so you know how this will work... I'll open the item for sale on line based on the amount you tell me you want it for, will include shipping costs. Once you pay that and the money is transferred you'll receive a donation email directly from the National MS Society. Then I'll pack up the items and ship them out. You win twice here. You get the items you want, and you also get a donation receipt to use on your taxes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I saw this post just now, so sad. I don't suppose you still have anything for sale do you? I like the dirty old lantern, flood light stakes and hitch hiking ghost cut out. I live in Long Beach and could pick them up if they are still available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts