Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now, I have been fascinated with Steampunk. If you don't already know, Steampunk is a kind of alternate history/alternate reality that imagines a past, present, and future where the information age and the industrial age began simultaneously. As the name implies, computers are steam powered and mechanical. Ray guns, time machines, aviation goggles, and a number of other Jules Verne / H.G.Wells type things are standard.

Well, I thought about making Steampunk jack-o-lanterns. A Google search revealed precious little being done in that area. I call mine Steampunkins! Hey - no one else is!
View attachment 85944
I have some that started life as commercially created foam decorations with lights inside. I have others that are papier mache. I like papier mache because it allows me to build the whole thing to accommodate the accessories I want. For example, respirators and gas masks are a big part of Steampunk. Try fitting one on these enormous grins though!

Anyway, I thought you might like to see these. More pictures here.
Happy haunting!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Interesting post! I like those pumpkins!

I had been exposed to the SteamPunk through Bellydance about two years ago. If you can believe it, a few dancers have infiltrated the garb into the general Bellydance costuming. I am not into myself but it still makes for an interesting performance.

Here is an example
]

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Belly dancers go wherever there are nerds/geeks. (Haunters may not be nerds, but are definitely geeks) A friend of mine is in a troupe and she goes to horror conventions, steampunk, comicons, you name it! I have never actually seen steampunk bellydancing before, but I am not surprised.

Tell your friends to get one of my pumpkins. :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
JustJimAZ;bt1805 said:
Belly dancers go wherever there are nerds/geeks. (Haunters may not be nerds, but are definitely geeks) A friend of mine is in a troupe and she goes to horror conventions, steampunk, comicons, you name it! I have never actually seen steampunk bellydancing before, but I am not surprised.

Tell your friends to get one of my pumpkins. :)

I don't actually know any of the SteamPunk Bellydancers. :) If I did. I would definitely, recommend your pumpkins!

I did not know that about Belly dancers & nerds/geeks...very interesting. :cool:

I take classes for fun but I do not dance professionally or anything. I have been to a few of the big conventions and shows, and seen the different styles the dancers are applying to the traditional moves and costumes in their performances.

JJAZ
, you have a such varied and rich wealth of knowledge about alot of things. I enjoy your blogs....Thanks for sharing!
H1

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Halloweenie1;bt1819 said:
I don't actually know any of the SteamPunk Bellydancers. :) If I did. I would definitely, recommend your pumpkins!

I did not know that about Belly dancers & nerds/geeks...very interesting. :cool:

I take classes for fun but I do not dance professionally or anything. I have been to a few of the big conventions and shows, and seen the different styles the dancers are applying to the traditional moves and costumes in their performances.

JJAZ
, you have a such varied and rich wealth of knowledge about alot of things. I enjoy your blogs....Thanks for sharing!
H1

You are very kind. I am gratified that you enjoy my blogs. Have a great one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts