Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
I missed out on the pumpkin stamps last year. I’m counting on you guys to sound the alert when they are spotted online for 2019.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I contacted USPS to see if they had a release date and as of now there is no date yet. Here was part of their response to me:

No release date has been determined status is TBA .You can pre-order closer to the release date by calling 1-800-STAMP24 (1-800-782-6724).

·
Registered
280 Posts
While we wait for the Halloween stamps...frogs came out today! I may be biased (see username) but I think they're really cute.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Those are really cute! I love all the animal stamps they’ve had over the years.

I was actually just on their website yesterday to see if there was any sign of the new Halloween stamps. Nothing yet. Hopefully they won’t keep is waiting for much longer!

·
Registered
839 Posts
USPS has another series called The Art of Magic, and has a fortune teller one in the mix. I wish you could just purchase that one, because I’d definitely buy a few books of them!

View attachment 582719
While we wait for the 2019 Halloween stamps, I ordered a book
1AA49178-6482-462E-8444-5DB8EC99D10B.jpeg
BBDC31AF-BB1D-4E9D-8B9C-37DB88F49EB1.jpeg
of the 2018 Art of Magic stamps. I think they will fit right in with the Halloween theme I have going on. I also purchased some Halloween postcards (haven’t arrived yet) and I will be sending them out this year to select people. This will be my first year sending out Halloween cards.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I love those stamps! Bought a few books of them a while back. I wish you could just buy the fortune teller though!

What postcards did you get? I’ve tried looking for vintage Halloween postcards (mainly on Amazon) but am having a hard time finding what I’m looking for. I should probably just buy cardstock and make my own!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I love those stamps! Bought a few books of them a while back. I wish you could just buy the fortune teller though!

What postcards did you get? I’ve tried looking for vintage Halloween postcards (mainly on Amazon) but am having a hard time finding what I’m looking for. I should probably just buy cardstock and make my own!
I bought two different sets off eBay being sold by Victorian Trading Company. I believe one set is still available. The stock photo wasn’t the clearest, but I’m hoping for the best.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Are they in a tin? If so, they’re actually pretty great....bought those last year! Only prob is there’s not that many in the tin :/
Yes they are. I just looked and they are available on Amazon too. I won’t be giving out too many, so there should be enough. Only those friends that I know love Halloween will receive them.

I’m going to look on RedBubble too. They may have cards.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
And it’s funny you mentioned them! I actually ordered a few things them off eBay recently (don’t have them yet but just got notification they shipped). I ordered a set of “Brain Elixir” cards (go figure right?) and this ornament. Which you know I must really like cuz I don’t really collect ornaments 🤪

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was in the Post Office here earlier today, and they informed me that the new Halloween stamps might not be until early/mid-October. If you are absolutely chomping at the bit for some Halloween stamps, you might ask if your local PO has any left-overs from last year. They were pretty cool looking jack-o-lanterns, if I recall. Sounds nuts, but mine thought they might have some (turned out they didn't, though).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was in the Post Office here earlier today, and they informed me that the new Halloween stamps might not be until early/mid-October. If you are absolutely chomping at the bit for some Halloween stamps, you might ask if your local PO has any left-overs from last year. They were pretty cool looking jack-o-lanterns, if I recall. Sounds nuts, but mine thought they might have some (turned out they didn't, though).
The jack-o'-lanterns were actually issued in 2016. Somehow I missed them and my local post office doesn't have any extras either. Eagerly awaiting the new ones!

·
Registered
238 Posts
The jack-o'-lanterns were actually issued in 2016. Somehow I missed them and my local post office doesn't have any extras either. Eagerly awaiting the new ones!
Oops. Thanks for the correction on years. That would have been really amazing if they still had some from 2016. They still might, in all honesty. The clerk who was assisting me barely glanced in one of a number of stamp drawers for them on the advice of a fellow clerk. It's alright though. I walked out with two sets of the frog stamps. Already having a set of the cool magic stamps BobbieJo mentioned above.

Maybe if we all buy up the new batch of Halloween stamps when they come out in October, the Post Office will decide they need to create new Halloween sets every year! 🦇

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was pretty excited about the frog stamps, too (my user name kinda gives that away 😁). Did you know you can buy a whole first release package online from the post office? I got the one for frogs and plan to make a piece of wall art with it. Probably do the same with the Halloween stamps.

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
Well this fits in with my Dinosaur haunt theme this year - U.S. Post Office Tyrannosaurus Rex stamps! ....and post cards etc. I know we have other T-Rex dinosaur lovers out there so hope you see this. Just became available 8/29/19.

Just checked all the offered stamps and still waiting for this years Halloween ones.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
20 Participants
Bobbiejo
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing