Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to share the spirit of Halloween and haunt one Poor Soul. I would like to help someone who may find it hard to celebrate Halloween this year in the true goulish fashion. I have come to realize from reading posts here on the Forum that there are several Poor Souls that are not able to haunt as they would like for one reason or another.

My plan is to send a particular Victim a spooktacular gift. This gift will be sent only for the reason of sharing the occasion to spread fear! I mean "we hold dear".

I am making a request and sending out this invitation to all who have that haunting feeling and would like to participate. If you would like to haunt one Poor Soul along with me I would be horrified to have you.

In order to decide who shall recieve this Halloween treat I am asking all interested Victims to post on this thread why you are the One Poor Soul that should recieve this spooktacular gift.

GUIDELINES (Victim)

Victims need to post here why they should recieve this spooktacular gift.

There is no limit to the amount of words posted

There are no real rules, only that participants let their conscience guide them in deciding if they are a Poor Soul.

Dead line for entries will be Aug. 18, 2009 12:00 am

The only intention here is to help someone keep the spirit of Halloween, who otherwise would find it difficult.

Please pm MYRA MAINS if you have any questions

GUIDELINES (Haunters)

Parcels need to be made up of all thats Halloween, one item or many, new or used, bought or made.

Haunters may list their goulish gift here within this thread

Haunters may questions their Victims as to their torment.

Haunters will be required to ship their gift by Sept. 13, 2009

Haunters must get a tracking number when you ship your gift, in case of delays or problems with shipping.

Haunters must pm MYRA MAINS when you have shipped your gift, along with your tracking number.

ALL HAUNTERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHIP THEIR OWN PARCEL TO THE POOR SOUL, INDIVIDUALLY AND AT THERE OWN EXPENSE.

Please pm MYRA MAINS if you have any questions or are unable to send a gift after you have agreed to

ALL FORUM

All haunters wihin the Forum may vote (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY)

All recieved entries will be read and voted on here in this thread

Voting will commence Aug. 19, 2009 12:01 am and recipient will be chosen Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:00 pm

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To start the bone rolling my goulish gift will be made up of a new full latex mask, new 18" black light, new mini strobe light, 1 new brides dress for costume or prop (size sml.) 1 hanging bat, new pumpkin carving Dremel, new childs desperado costume ages 4-6, Big Screem Tv dvds 1,2 and 3.

Good luck you Poor Soul.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all just a note to add to the above:

This attempt of good will is only that, I know that we all have our pride and don't want what might seem like a hand out, but let me assure anyony with hesitation that the act of giving is as much a joy and possibly more so then to recieve.
I know that forum members are dealing with various circumstances which prevent them from celebrating Halloween in a fun and spooky way. Buy requesting your story is not an intention to pry into your business, but to create a means of qualifying entries.
I urge you for your entry, as well request the support from those members able to contribute.

In the end its all for the kids.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I think that's a great idea and like you said, there are many unfortunate people this year....I've really been blessed last week with a call back date this coming Monday with work maybe up til March....I don't make ALOT of money but at least it's a job with benefits....I'm not sure anyone is going to say poor me even though they are having a tough time....If no one comes forward with a story and your still in the giving mood, I would contact Jonathan at Rotting Flesh Radio....He does a Halloween fundraiser every year for costumes, decorations, etc for needy kids that otherwise wouldn't have a fun Holiday...I'm sure he could give you better details and I'm positive it would be greatly appreciated....ZR

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
MM, I applaud you for your magnanimous gesture and Halloween spirit.
There are some members here who have fallen on hard times due to the current economic climate. However, I'm not sure there are too many that would want to go for what is essentially a public sympathy vote.

I think your idea is great, but I also think ZR's idea is fantastic...
given the unselfish, sharing nature of most of our forum members, I'm sure none would argue if your generosity benefitted the less fortunate children directly..After all, "In the end, it's all for the kids" .

(unless of course you have a spare bucky or two to spare for a poor old Baron with holes in his shirt)...;)
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts