Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

So, when I was a kid, I remember my parents buying a Halloween cassette tape (this was at the very end of cassettes and about the time everyone started changing over to CDs ... but we were kinda poor, so, that took a while for my family). I loved it. I remember it was a black case and had an orange sticker on it.

Here's five minutes of it from YouTube:

Anyone remember this one? :D

I wonder whatever happened to that tape? I remember having it toward the late 90s when I was in elementary school...but it seems lost now. I'd love to find a copy. It was probably the best sound effect tape.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Zombie,
I had this too back in the day, I think it was from Hallmark or Walmart. Recently I was able to get it downloaded, and put it on a CD that I play every Halloween. I will get the link for you when the geek gets home and finds it, or you might try googling for MP3 downloads of it.
The site I downloaded it from also has other old sound recordings including a good telling of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

There is a thread on the forum about this tape, and check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcgES8k_5po
Look at the 1:40 mark!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Oh yes :D I still have mine! I LOVE THIS TAPE!

This is to Halloween to me, I remember the weekend I bought it back in 86 or 87, I was really young. I bought that tape, a ghost ceramic light and ceramic haunted house light. It was raining the weekend I bought it too, they were my first ever Halloween decorations. I know have this saved as an mp3 on my computer and use it each year on my mp3 player in my graveyard.

I still have all 3 things I bought that year and being a teenager then it took me some time to save the money up. Matter of fact I am looking on the shelf of my desk and the Halloween tape is sitting there :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had this too!! Thanks for helping me to remember it :D

F

·
0 Posts
Tape? I am still spinning my Disney Chilling Thrilling Sounds Vinyl :) HAHA I actually have this tape as well and I agree its fantastic. I love the older sound effect mixes.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hey!

So, when I was a kid, I remember my parents buying a Halloween cassette tape (this was at the very end of cassettes and about the time everyone started changing over to CDs ... but we were kinda poor, so, that took a while for my family). I loved it. I remember it was a black case and had an orange sticker on it.

Here's five minutes of it from YouTube:

Anyone remember this one? :D

I wonder whatever happened to that tape? I remember having it toward the late 90s when I was in elementary school...but it seems lost now. I'd love to find a copy. It was probably the best sound effect tape.
ROFLMAO, "I remember having it toward the late 90s when I was in elementary school..." I was in elementary school in the late 60s!!!! Enjoy your youth!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts