Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are hosting 4 girls for a Halloween-themed slumber party next weekend. I need ideas on fun activities! My dad suggested some type of game where they get to videotape each other... but I can't think of what parameters to set. Would it be a game? I know they'd love to watch themselves. Any other ideas? They are coming in costume. They are all either 9 or 10 years old. I thought it was enough just to have them spend the night, but my daughter just told me she wants planned activities. Thanks!

julie

·
Registered
600 Posts
Digital chick, that sounds like so much fun!

Not to be a kill joy, but I learned from past experiences and just want to share them in case. Just make sure all the parents are on the same page as you. We live in the Bible Belt and some parents get pretty worked up about Halloween. I threw a party for my kids and their friends one year, even talked to all the parents prior .. I literally reviewed exactly what we were going to do, every one was okay with the plans. It was a very tame halloween party too .. Mostly food and very tame games, no fortune telling or Ouija board or anything like that .. Nothing religion threatening. Anyhow one of the mom's ended up very, very tweaked about it even though we had discussed it prior and no longer would let her kids come over. Even after I called afterwards and talked to her again about it. I'd hate for that to kill the fun out of your party.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yikes! what a terrible story! Luckily, we've had Halloween parties every year for the past three years... and all these girls AND their parents have attended. It was just getting out of hand, now that the kids are older. So I decided to have the slumber party with only four girls instead. I'm hoping it will be less chaotic. But... thanks for the warning.
I'd love to get a fortune teller. I don't think it should be me, though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to show a movie. Do you have any recommendations? If I can't think of anything, I might go with The Corpse Bride. They've probably all seen it, but it's still good... dark but fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts