Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've just registered on HF.com and am stopping by here to introduce myself.
I'm Kel - otherwise known as KAOs (my initials) and I'm a huge Halloween fan.

Unfortunately, I seem to be one of the only fans in my area. My family and friends cannot understand why I insist on decorating for Halloween as much as they decorate for Christmas. Everyone always puts up a tree, but I'm not seeing many pumpkins grinning in the night during October.

It's my goal to have the entire neighborhood gung-ho about Halloween in a few years. I'll slowly bring them over to the dark side by showcasing my home. This past Halloween was costumes, drinks and food. Of course the inside of my house was decorated, but I ran out of time to make a big showcase of the exterior.

In the next few years I'm hoping to establish a graveyard, a carnival and even a garage haunt!
....I know, baby steps...but that's where I'm hoping everyone on HF.com comes in. I've always been a fan of Terra's props and I can't wait to figure out how to use the projections of AtmosFear's DVDs. I have 10 months to figure everything out for Halloween 2015!

Looking forward to seeing/learning all of the fun stuff on here!
-KAOs
:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome! You've come to the right place and you're with people that understand your plight!! Glad you're here. :D

GiggleingGhost

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi Kel. I know you will love this forum

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome.

You will get them to come around eventually. It's taken a few years but more and more people decorate on my street now.
Of course they still question my sanity but if someone doesn't then you probably are not doing enough. :)
Happy Halloween

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My family didn't really get my interest in Halloween either until they came over and saw people just standing there staring at my little setup. My father in law went around taking pictures of the people just standing watching my cauldron creep singing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think it's much better than Christmas - none of that push to gather all the relatives together and spend oodles of cash on presents and the like. It's much more a, "Do however much you feel like" kind of day. And I also find it's better for hanging out with friends than other holidays.

I've successfully shifted almost all my holiday celebrating to Halloween instead of all the other ones that come after - though I am a fan of cookies and decorations, so I do a little during the winter.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Christmas? What is this strange holiday of which you speak? LOL
Yeah.. at least your TV isn't flooded with ads for Halloween stuff two months prior. Still commercialized, to be sure, but not to the revolting extent Christmas has become. Greenwick nailed it. Much more enjoyable. No false pretenses. Just fun. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome!

I totally agree. Halloween IS my Christmas! I get totally into the spirit every year. I don't decorate as much as I'd like (I'm living with my parents for the time being, so I can't go all crazy with skeletons and ghosts in the yard), but I will definitely be that person when I move out:D

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ITS OFFICIAL THEN ,,,,,, HALLOWEEN IS THE BEST HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR ?? oh dear i can see a major debate brewing over this one , i love the both of them for totally different reasons , but for sheer fun and variety HALLOWEEN is the winner Xmas is the same stuff every year where as we can develop ideas and embellish on old ones for Halloween , thats what makes it so cool and sometimes small little sorts of decoration are saying as much as a whole yard of props , it don't work like that as much for Xmas in my opinion , but i still love the both of them , well except .....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts